The journey is over! I am FINISHED with this project that took me 4 years and 9 months to make. Of course I didn’t actually work on it the whole time, I took months off while working on other projects at times. I actually finished piecing it March 15 of 2008 and it sat waiting patiently for me to finish quilting another quilt that was on the frame for almost a year! I put it on my quilting frame and started quilting it on February 23 of this year. The “Insanity” began on February 23 of 2005, I finished it on November 13, 2009. Today I got up the nerve to wash it and throw it in the dryer. I have used 100% cotton batting (quilters dream) . I like the crinkly antique look and the batting did justice to the quilt in my opinion. I did the quilt totally by hand including the binding. The completed work took me 645 hours and 30 minutes from start to finish. Out of that time it took 141 hours and 25 minutes to hand quilt it. So you can see it really takes more time to hand piece this quilt than it does to quilt it!. I believe if I figured right it took me 505 hours and 5 minutes to piece this baby 🙂 . I tried to keep an accurate total of my time but I’m sure I forgot now and then to write down the time. The quilt has 4,928 pieces in it. I used King Tut variegated cotton thread to quilt.