Well here are the 13 rows all put together. You most likely won’t be seeing this one again for awhile. I really and truly am taking a break from this one now for the rest of the summer and will try to get started on the borders and corners this fall.
I took the Baltimore Bliss quilt out the other day to start looking it over a bit. A couple weeks ago I had drawn some feathered wreaths on the two plain blocks and some feathers in the half square triangle and corner areas. When looking it all over though I found that my border just wasn’t laying flat enough. When I put it on I had noticed a little stretch here in there but thought it was going to be ok when it was quilting. When I got it out yesterday though to start drawing a quilting grid on it I decided it wasn’t good enough – not flat enough and it would be hard to quilt it out well. I got out the trusty seam ripper and took all four borders off (plain borders) and now today it is back to the thinking on what to do with it to finish it off. With the borders off it lays flat so the problem was when I put the borders on it. I’m sure I will solve the problem and really want to get it done today if I can. I still have the same fabric so not a problem there. The fault (besides me) is that the fabric has just a little stretch to it and the quilt is set on point so there are half square triangles on the edges. I need to be more careful.
I’ll show a photo tomorrow or next of the completed top.