Bull Trout Campground – Stanley, Idaho

by Karen on July 28, 2010

This campground I say is near Stanley that is because it is not near anything!  Stanley is about 28 miles north of here and that is where you go for gas, grocery’s and cell signal!  LOL  We are passing through Stanley tomorrow when we are on our way to see several ghost towns (former mining towns) and I told Mike he needs to pull over in a parking lot so I can post this :) and check e mail.

We are camped next to a little lake called Martin’s Lake.  It is small, there is a trail that goes around the whole lake and I really think it was under a mile.  Here are photos from the campground and the hike around the lake.

We didn’t have the shade awning out today until this afternoon.  First place we have been where it wasn’t too windy to have it out most of the day.

Last nights entertainment – the scrabble game.  There are not a lot of people camped here and it is a very quite campground – peaceful, you can hear the wind in the trees and the noises of the little critters in the area (ground squirrels, birds and chipmunks).

Mike won’t play scrabble without the dictionary – he says I make up words!! me :) ?

Martin’s Lake:

A view from the short distance to the lake from the campsite:

This is how close we are to the lake – I am at the lake and turned around to take this picture of the campsite, see our camper there among the trees:

A plant growing near a marshy area by the lake – the leaves on this plant looked a lot like a hosta.  It even had flower buds at the top like they do.  I wonder what it is?  It was the only one I saw in the entire area:

A bridge to cross the marshy area:

The lake! beautiful.

This campground has no facilities other than several water pumps and several outhouses (clean outhouses).  So we are roughing it :)  thank heavens for the propane that works the heat for early morning, the refrigerator, stove, hot water heater LOL really roughing it aren’t I?  We filled the water tank right before we left the last campground as we knew what this was like.  If we start to run low on water I can get nice clean cold water from the pump.

We will leave here on Thursday morning. I’m not sure where next – someplace around Salmon to the northeast of here.

Oh and I managed to complete one more star block for the Star Crazy BOM – we didn’t do much today but sit outside and enjoy the peace and quite :)

Also we took a short drive this evening to see if we could spot any animals – we saw some elk and some sandhill cranes.  Mike got photos and I will get them from him later.

Here is a photo of the Sawtooth Mountain Range of which we are camped near:

Miri July 28, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Oh this is just beautiful! Seeing the trees reflected in the water is just gorgeous and I love how close you are to the water.
.-= Miri´s last blog ..Tuesdays Tomes- Loss of the SS Titanic by Lawrence Beesley plus photos =-.

Elisabeth July 28, 2010 at 3:46 pm

This are so beautiful photos, what a wonderful and experience vaction you are having. I like your block too, nice colors. Thanks for sharing it.
Elisabeth

Riley July 28, 2010 at 5:39 pm

That water is so clear looking. How I wish some of our lakes in Texas would as clean.

WHUT? You are not allowed to make up words in Scrabble? Skip ME playing then! :)

Fabulous px, as always!

Safe travels!

Crispy July 28, 2010 at 5:49 pm

What a lovely area to relax and unwind. I let Bob play with a dictionary, he doesn’t spell too well, he’s a little dyslexic. This way he learns some new words and I have someone to play Scrabble with :0)

Crispy

CJ July 28, 2010 at 6:26 pm

That looks incredibly peaceful,just wonderful! I like to play Scrabble.. and make up my own words! LOL

Your blocks is lovely!
.-= CJ´s last blog ..Why he keeps me around =-.

Vivian July 28, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Oh, I so need a quiet, peaceful campground. We may have to go out this weekend or next weekend. It’s nice, quiet and peaceful at home now too, but being at a campground is different.

By the way, what kind of mat do you have down?
.-= Vivian´s last blog ..Counting the Days =-.

Becky in VA July 28, 2010 at 9:45 pm

It’s so nice to see your camper and its location to the beautiful lake. What a lovely place. So who won at Scrabble?

That plant definitely looks like a Hosta!

Nice to see your block and your beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing and Happy Travels in the morning.

Christine July 29, 2010 at 11:01 am

I’ve never seen a lake that clear, holy smoke!

And hey, I didn’t know you could put the first word in scrabble down vertically!!! That would make a difference in the game! I don’t have anyone here interested in playing, but a friend of mine used to play before she moved away – our games would take 3 hrs because she was bent on getting high point words. I was quite happy putting down “in”, “to” etc.. :)
.-= Christine´s last blog ..Paddle-y-doo =-.

Melinda July 29, 2010 at 6:08 pm

I have never been to Idaho and this part you are in now is just beautiful. I hope to drive through it someday. The lake is beautiful and the ghost town so interesting.