Visit with Mom

by Karen on October 11, 2010

Yesterday was spent in Northwest Arkansas visiting my mom.  Here is a photo – me on the left, mom, and my daughter Melanie.  Mom will be 86 in December.

After lunch out we met up with my little sister and her husband and daughter at the mall.  This is my youngest niece Rhyenne playing dress up in one of the stores. Rhy is the youngest of my mom’s grandchildren and is two weeks older than my granddaughter :)  Melanie is one of the oldest of the grandchildren.  Ages are very far apart in this family.  Mom’s oldest grandchild just turned 42 and this youngest one just turned 8 recently.

I didn’t get a really good photo here but you can see my little sister here standing up.  She is 7 years older than my daughter – that is why I say little sis – we are 13 years apart.  My little sister is closer in age to mom’s oldest grandchildren then to some of her siblings.

Another of Rhy.  She is a real cutie and just got her first pair of glasses – wearing glasses young kind of runs in our family.

I just finished quilting the last little bit of the girly Baltimore album style quilt that I showed a photo of last week, it was made of scraps and I have nothing left over for the binding from fabric that I used.  The flowers are made of all shades of pink so I’m going to look for a shade of pink to do the binding.  I’ll see what I can find and then show a photo this week when I am done with it.  And one more UFO well be finished!!  I’m making great head way here and will be caught up before you know it (well with last years stuff anyhow) :)

Marianne October 11, 2010 at 11:43 am

Very nice family photos!

LuAnn October 11, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Glad you got to visit with your Mom and Sis. My Mom has been gone since 1996. Your photos make me miss her. Glad you will have a UFO finished. I think toward the end of the year we all think of the things we would like to finish up. Have a nice day!
.-= LuAnn´s last blog ..Hearts and Flowers Applique =-.

Mary L October 11, 2010 at 1:37 pm

What a strong family resemblance..all the way down to your niece. And what a nice looking family it is!
.-= Mary L´s last blog ..Quilt Show =-.

Yvette October 11, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Great family photo’s. My mom will be 86 in April. :) There are 20 years difference from my oldest sister to me. LOL
.-= Yvette´s last blog ..Hand Stitching Fever =-.

Vivian October 11, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Wow. There is a strong family resemblance. I’m glad you had a great time with your family. Did you have a nice drive?
.-= Vivian´s last blog ..Friday Night Sew In Update =-.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas October 11, 2010 at 10:01 pm

It looks like your mom is happy with her company AND the shopping trip. Is that Pinnacle Hills? Rhyenne looks like a sweetie.

Crispy October 12, 2010 at 6:10 am

You sure look like your mom!! What a great way to spend a couple of days….with family :0)

Congrats on having another UFO so close to being done!! I’ll be happy when I can cross off another one….someday soon I hope LOL.

Crispy

Susan October 13, 2010 at 1:38 pm

How wonderful to be with family. A day to make memories to keep with you forever……………..
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Order of a Kind =-.

Astrid October 14, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Glad you had a great and fun day together with your mom and family.
.-= Astrid´s last blog ..La Marie to La Peyre – A hike in solitude =-.