A Video on the Dallas Quilt Show

by Karen on March 17, 2011

My husband takes excellent photos with his really great camera and put together this short video of quilts from the quilt show.  If you would like to watch it click on the link.  I know some of you have horrible internet connection, dial up and whatnot and won’t be able to watch it but those of you that can – enjoy!

I have so many photos still to go through from the quilt show – who would think there would be so many to choose from Smile

I like art quilts but I usually think they deserve their own show as they are really different from your regular quilts that you use on a bed – do others feel this way too?  This one here is truly a work of art – wonderful

I love this scrappy quilt:

This one is by Arkansas quilter Jennette Huff – she used to have a shop in Conway – wish it was still there.  She helped me pick out fabric once for a log cabin that I did for my sister about 8 years or so ago – wonderful color choices!

I got done with another section on the “Going In Circles” quilt and rolled it back to the beginning to count how many rows I had finished – I had lost track – I am pleased to say I am slightly more than half way finished!! I am so pleased I thought I still had about another 10 hours of quilting to get to the half way point Smile

I have started prepping on the next section of the Red and Green Quilt and I am almost done with the 3rd embroidery block – Making some progress.  I even managed to plant a few more plants outside and I got two ferns for the porch.  Photos of the plants in another day or two.

lil red hen March 17, 2011 at 6:57 pm

I’ve enjoyed seeing the quilts from the show; to be truthful, I’m more drawn to quilts made from scraps and used on beds. But maybe it’s because the others are far beyond my abitities. Now I have a favor to ask: could you give us a lesson on using the bias tape maker gadget?

Elaine Petrik March 17, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Thanks so much for the video and pictures from the quilt show in Dallas. I am more of a traditional quilter but am continually amazed with the abilites and creativity of others who make those “artistic” quilts.

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,

Elaine in SLO,Ca
Elaine Petrik recently posted…Bucket List Checked!My Profile

Wanda March 17, 2011 at 9:13 pm

thanks for the video. It looks like that is a good sized show.
Wanda recently posted…Diamond progressMy Profile

Vivian March 17, 2011 at 10:20 pm

The video is great. Thanks. I could sit and look at the quilts all day. It looks like the quilt made by the girl from your quilt group (lion quilt) got a lot of attention. It really is beautiful.
Vivian recently posted…Goals for the Week!My Profile

Crispy March 18, 2011 at 5:08 am

Well you know where I sit in the ability to watch videos….sigh LOL. Thank you for posting all the other photos though :0) I’m a traditionalist too. Art quilts are nice but just not my thing.

Crispy

Teri Dingler March 18, 2011 at 8:36 am

Thanks for sharing – I am going to watch the video – I have just got to go to a large quilt show – I know it is just stunning to see all the works – your fairies are so cute – I am getting mine started this weekend – I had hoped to already have a couple of them done by now but was prepping my quilt top and backing for quilting the last couple of nights – working full time sure crimps my sewing time!!!haha Teri

Quilt Inspiration March 18, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Hi Karen,

Wow, the video of the quilt show is awesome ! It’s very well done, and it gives a wonderful perspective on the quilts in this show look so elegant and polished. What a fabulous show. Thanks so much, from Marina and Daryl at Quilt Inspiration.
Quilt Inspiration recently posted…Arizona Quilters Guild Show 2011- Part 3My Profile

Mary L March 19, 2011 at 8:37 am

Great video. Thank so much for sharing with us.
Mary L recently posted…Block RedosMy Profile