Kindle Book Cover

by Karen on March 31, 2011

Well it isn’t perfect and it is not something I will sew again Smile I’m just not much into sewing anything that aren’t quilts!  But I thought I would give it a try.  Here is what the cover looks like.

The inside of the book holder – the kindle has screen savers that pertain to old books in case you all don’t know – and this is one of them.  Emily Dickinson in this case.

I don’t like the corners on the right side, but I’m not doing it over again.  If this one doesn’t work out I will find something else SmileI’m not used to working with firm interfacing and can’t say I like it much.  I much prefer the softness of quilts!!

Mary LeClerc March 31, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Looks great. Fancier than mine!
Mary LeClerc recently posted…Weekend BlocksMy Profile

Yvette March 31, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I think that turned out great!
Yvette recently posted…Last Sunday in MarchMy Profile

nanci April 1, 2011 at 7:07 am

Love it. I have been asked to make one, so this was a great idea.
I do still like turning pages though.

Teri Dingler April 1, 2011 at 8:20 am

I bought the neophrene cover – it opens at the top and the kindle slips down in to it – was not expensive and comes in a variety of patterns – off amazon – it holds the kindle snugly and it fits down in my purse and travels well – I just hold my kindle while reading out of the holder and also lay it on the arm chair and can maneuver the buttons without holding :-) !! I don’t regret purchasing this cover – my daughter has the same cover and I bought one for my granddaughter’s kindle! So if yours doesn’t work for you (it’s lovely, by the way!) look at these on amazon.com- Teri

Marlene April 1, 2011 at 9:08 am

I made a Kindle cover for mine too but since my kindle has a leather cover I made it a little different. I’m not gonna’ make another either! blessings, marlene
Marlene recently posted…So When I Send You A Text Youll Know What Im Saying!My Profile

Crispy April 1, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I think it came out great Karen!! Much better than if I ever tried something like that :0)

Crispy

Vivian April 2, 2011 at 7:14 am

I think it turned out great. I didn’t think about making mine so I could use it with the cover on. I like that.

When I was a teen, I sewed all of my clothing (out of necessity) and thought I would try again a couple of years ago. I started a blouse and a pair of knit dress pants. They are still sitting on my shelf waiting to be finished. I’m just not into it. Maybe one day I’ll finish them.
Vivian recently posted…Need Help on Fabric LIneMy Profile

Susan Ramey Cleveland April 2, 2011 at 9:21 am

I love your Kindle holder. I just have to make one for my Kindle.
Susan Ramey Cleveland recently posted…Pink Dogwood TimeMy Profile

Arlene April 2, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I think your Kindle cover looks really good and very useful too. It is different working with the heavy interfacing and things like that I have made a couple purses now and some have come out well and others well I have given them away. They were cute but not very practical to use.