A Busy Friday

by Karen on August 12, 2011

I have been running all day it seems.  First there was quilting group this morning.  Then met Mike for lunch, then to the fitness center to work off lunch Smile stop at the grocery store and then home.  Here it is the middle of the afternoon and I have been busy all day.

From this morning quilting:

I don’t know if this photo is any better than the ones I took the other day. There weren’t many there today so I didn’t ask anyone to help hold the quilt up.

June’s quilt back from the quilter she uses, now she needs to square and trim up and then the binding.

Janet’s quilt – a mystery quilt that she started last year and finished up, she got this back from her quilter a couple weeks ago and has the binding finished.

I got this Farmer’s Wife block done this morning and started on another.  I haven’t worked on these for awhile and I think I really need to try to stick with working on these on Friday’s.  It is something easy to bring along to group and have something to work on and ready.  If I get some prepped up that is!  I’m not sure but I think I have about 20 of the blocks done and will go ahead and finish the one that I got started on shortly before we ended our morning later today.

We had 3 days of rain for about a total of 4 1/2 inches here and each day was nice and cool.  I could have done without loosing power 2 times in that time period but there you go.  Today is very humid and tonight = maybe more storms – I think our drought and heat wave might be over although we will still be in the 90 degree range – much better than 100+

Susan August 12, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Busy days can be fun…….. but tiring…..

Your quilt is lovely……… Happy Dancing here in NC for your fabulous finish.

Jackie August 12, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Your quilt is just gorgeous!! I love it!! Everyone else’s are terrific too. Funny, how you have a lot of rain and humidity, we haven’t and could really use some.

Hellen S. Helgadóttir August 12, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Your quilt, Going in Circles, is stunning!

lil red hen August 12, 2011 at 6:27 pm

It’s a good picture of your quilt! The other lady’s quilts are pretty — beautiful quilting on that first one! Hand or machine?

Vivian August 12, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Love your going in circles quilt. Wasn’t the rain wonderful.

We were lucky and didn’t lose power at our house but it was out all day long at school on Thursday. By mid afternoon, it got too dark to work anymore so I called it a day and went home. I think it went out at 4:10 a.m. and came back on at 4:15 p.m.

Astrid August 12, 2011 at 9:49 pm

The photo of your quilt is good. I know how difficult it is to take photos of big quilts. Beautiful quilting on June’s quilt. Gorgeous quilts all three! Beautiful FW block too! Yes, some days are busy, running from place to place.

Crispy August 13, 2011 at 7:32 am

Pretty show ‘n tells and I love your new farmer’s wife block :0)

Crispy