Well I took a break yesterday and plan to again today from both Joseph’s Coat and Star Crazy. Instead I spent off and on all day yesterday and will again today – Monday working on putting together the Farmer’s Wife blocks!
I got a lot done on Sunday. I have all the blocks organized and sashing on. Today I need to put all the half square triangles in place and then sew the rows together. From there I will decide about a border.
Early in the afternoon Sunday this is what it looked like. The black just really makes these color pop I think.
Monday morning I am this far, I am delighted with the progress made. Some of the blocks I am not satisfied with as they had a bit of black on the outside edges of the blocks and the sashing is black also. The black is a different color of black – but there you go. I am working with fabric on the shelves and I’m not buying anything new. One of the blocks that looks black is actually a dark green but that doesn’t show in the photo and one has a tiny print of pink in it which also doesn’t show up in the photo. When working with scrappy blocks though you can’t always find a color that you haven’t used – especially not always having it in your stash. I can live with this quite easily.
Run on over to Judy at Patchwork Times and see what everyone else is working on today.
These nice open white blocks in between the scrappy blocks will have a nice quilted motif of some sort on them to stand out.