Joseph’s Coat–Moving Along

by Karen on February 27, 2012

Finally I got back to Joseph’s Coat today – I thought I would work on Star Crazy but other than 5 or 10 minutes of quilting I didn’t do it!  Just didn’t feel like it.

I have been busy cutting pieces off and on today and I have enough ready to get started on another diagonal row.  The darkest color on the left is what I left off with on the last row, I think there are four pieces and I will use them up first and then continue to the middle color.

Ready to pin – while I was getting this next layout ready I realized I had not sewn my black circles on the last row I had put on – I had been so out of routine the last two weeks with my mom having been sick and then getting her ready to move I had forgotten where I left off!

Pinned loosely into sections to start sewing – this is from the very top of the row stacked to the bottom.

I’m not positive but I think one more long diagonal row is needed before I start to square off – or do you say rectangle off Smile I think it will be a little longer than wide.  I will figure that out after all of this gets sewed together and attached.  Next up is purples/lavenders!

I just heard from my sister and she is pretty sure we move mom on Wednesday – she will find out for sure in the morning.  The place is small and we have quite a few helping so we might be able to get the move done and the clean up of the old apartment all done on that one day – I hope so.  We are all ready for this just to be done and so is mom. I think mom is ready to get into her new routine as well and get settled – moving at 87 years old is unsettling I think.

Deb February 27, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Oh Karen, I can hardly wait to see this top finished, I love the pink.
Deb recently posted…TASTMy Profile

Debbe February 28, 2012 at 10:24 am

I just love this quilt, and ‘watching it grow’. Are you hand sewing all of it?
Debbe recently posted…Test Kitchen Tuesday week 2 Moroccan ChickenMy Profile

jojo February 28, 2012 at 10:53 am

Karen, I’m so loving your Jacob’s Coat quilt. The shading of the colors is simply awesome and I love the addition of the circles.

I noticed that it looks like you print off your pattern on freezer paper. Do you then use a pencil to mark around the shape so that you know where to sew? I can’t wait to see this one finished.

Archie the wonder dog February 28, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Love the addition of the pink – looks fabulous!
Archie the wonder dog recently posted…I love my postie, again!My Profile

Vivian February 28, 2012 at 6:28 pm

It sounds like she is going with the flow.

I have found that if I don’t work on what I feel like working on–I will waste the whole day doing nothing.
Vivian recently posted…I’m BlushingMy Profile

Lori in South Dakota February 28, 2012 at 10:21 pm

lots of fun reading through your blog. Enjoyed the pictures of yard work. We are having a winter storm–rain/sleet turning to snow tonight–no yard work here! Maybe in another 6-8 weeks!
Lori in South Dakota recently posted…Design Wall Monday and Weekly GoalsMy Profile