The Farmers Wife–A Finish!

by Karen on March 25, 2012

Done!  Another quilt is finished – what a good feeling to know – although for this one it was a different feeling than normal, it was more like one more out of the way – not a feeling of satisfaction for some reason.  When I started making the blocks for the Farmer’s Wife I had found another sampler block quilt that I thought I wanted to make – it quickly turned to boredom though.  I have made 3 sampler block quilts – two Dear Jane’s and the Underground Railroad and I think sampler block quilts  have turned into burn out for me.  No more of these sampler block quilts for me for some time to come.

I am pleased with the way the quilt turned out.  I think we all go through phases in our quilting .  I couldn’t even make all the blocks in this quilt because of the boredom.  I am glad I put the 20 blocks that I made though into this quilt.  It finished at 59 inches by 69 inches.  I am happy with the 1/2 inch binding.

The crinkly antique look from washing and drying a 100% cotton batting – I do love that look.

The back of the quilt.  I need to make a label and it is finished! Oops just noticed my toes got in that photo Smile

It has now taken the top spot on the ottoman.

Astrid March 25, 2012 at 10:00 am

Gosh, Karen! I’m quite sure you haven’t slept over the last nights – lol! Congrats on such a speedy finish and great quilt! Love the crinkly antique look too!
Astrid recently posted…New York Beauty QAL block #5 and #1My Profile

Marie March 25, 2012 at 10:14 am

Lovely! I love that crinkly look, too. Great job.
Marie recently posted…Ten Degrees of Reckoning by Hester RumbergMy Profile

Vicki W March 25, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Congratulations! It turned out great! Now you can start 2 new projects. :)
Vicki W recently posted…Nest Box WatchMy Profile

Arlene March 25, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Well I really need to get mine out and work on it again I think I have a few more blocks then 20 done but I have not done anything with if for a while
Arlene
Arlene recently posted…Life has gone to the MonkeysMy Profile

Sandie March 25, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Wonderful! Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!

Mary LeClerc March 25, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I like it! I sort of burned out piecing the sampler blocks but don’t think I’ve burned out on appliqueing them yet. LOL. I’m running out of storage room for quilts and have started stacking them as well.
Mary LeClerc recently posted…BlogationMy Profile

Nedra- Cactus Needle March 25, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Your FW is wonderful! Congratulations on a great finish. I’m so jealous of the hand quilting.
Nedra- Cactus Needle recently posted…Weaving with Trudy JohnsonMy Profile

Marianne March 25, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Congratulations! Isn’t it a nice feeling to finish? The crinkly look is wonderful on your quilts. Your pile on the ottoman is growing!

I guess I am more of a sampler maker than anything else. I get tired of making the same blocks over and over. Samplers give me the variety I need to keep going. But sometimes just using a variety of fabrics is enough for me. Guess that’s why I have so many UFOs going – the need for variety!

sherry March 25, 2012 at 7:25 pm

congratulations!!! It’s really nice!!!
sherry recently posted…春天来了吗My Profile

Elzaan March 26, 2012 at 12:34 am

Well done on another great finish! The quilt is beautiful and it looks very cozy.

Deb March 26, 2012 at 7:12 am

It turned out beautifully.
Deb recently posted…More Photos of the Quilt ShowMy Profile

Sara March 26, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Hey Karen, definitly a good finish. It looks so lovely! Great work ;)
Sara recently posted…How does data recovery work?My Profile

cynthia March 27, 2012 at 10:21 am

Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the way it turned out!!! I am working on that quilt too. Have done the sashing, just need to attach all the rows…..I had to put it away for a little while but will get back to it! I haven’t seen many finished fw quilts on blogs, so you are ahead of the game!
cynthia recently posted…Sewing kit tutorial and giveaway!!!My Profile