Quilt Group

by Karen on May 25, 2012

We had a mini-quilt show today it seemed.  Shirley brought in two of her quilts and I had two of mine.

This one of Shirley’s needs the binding on it – it just came back from the long arm quilter she uses here.  Shirley is from Michigan but lives here part of the time as her husband is a contract worker at the nuclear plant like my husband Mike is – just work in different fields.  They are going back to Michigan for the summer than back here in the fall then home permanently next year I believe.  We will miss her and all the quilts she makes!

Another of Shirley’s – she had this one custom quilted.

A close up of the quilting.

My Star Crazy all spread out

Joseph’s Coat, I had the short blue row finished by the end of the group so I got a photo of it, I need to sew that row down and get the black circles on it then on to the next.

The next rows are all in the turquoise/green group –

I have had a hard time trying to get the true color here but this is about as close as I can get.  I am getting so close to the end now that I do believe I will have to drape this out over the design wall now and try to mix in the colors right for this last corner.  This might happen this weekend – but who knows, I’m not sure what we are doing on this three day weekend.  The end is very much in sight though for this quilt top.  I think what is left to do is about equal to the corner of yellow’s on the opposite end.

Mary LeClerc May 25, 2012 at 2:50 pm

What gorgeous quilts and quilting. Do you have more than three or four rows left on Joseph’s Coat?
Mary LeClerc recently posted…Cuteness AlertMy Profile

Doreen May 25, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Oh my! Both of Shirley’s are quite awesome. Not familiar with either pattern. Yours looks so nice……neat to see them both totally laying flat. Been busy gals!!!! Thanks so much for sharing the pics!!!
Doreen recently posted…Taking a moment to remember………My Profile

Karen May 25, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I believe I have four rows left to do.
The first of Shirley’s quilt she made up the pattern for the other is a Judy Niemeyer pattern

Marianne May 25, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Shirley’s first quilt looks like snowball within a snowball with an appliqued circle on top? I like it!

You are really in the homestretch with Joseph’s Coat – it looks great!

Judi May 26, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Wow – you are making such fast progress on your Joseph’s Coat quilt. Can you ask Shirley where she got the pattern and what the name is of that second quilt is – the one that is a variation of a double wedding ring quilt? I’ve seen ones like that before and I really want to make one of those but I haven’t seen a pattern for it anywhere.
Judi recently posted…Mother/Daughter, Father/Son NightMy Profile

Pip May 26, 2012 at 7:14 pm

They’re all such lovely quilts, makes me want to start another quilt just using batiks, the colours are so rich and vibrant.
Pip recently posted…Some mending to do …My Profile

Vivian May 26, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Wow. The end is in sight. Awesome!!!
Vivian recently posted…Gone CampingMy Profile