Design Wall Monday

by Karen on June 4, 2012

in Joseph's Coat, quilts

This Monday and for many Monday’s to come I’m sure I will be working on Joseph’s Coat for months down the road.  Head on over to Judy at Patchwork Times and see what everyone is working on.

We were so lucky to get about 1/8th of an inch of rain yesterday!  It was quite heavy to the north of us, but most of it missed us once again!  This is so unusual at this time of year – normally we have very wet springs and April and May were both so dry and here we are moving into summer – I hope our summer won’t be more of the same.  I woke up to more rain this morning, of course according to the weather map it looks like the heaviest is north of us we are on the very lower edges of this storm but at least we are getting a little rain this morning, even if it is is just a little bit it is better than nothing.

Of course the weather makes it a perfect day to get some more quilting done!

Since getting Joseph’s Coat on the frame Saturday I have been working off and on quilting.  I put in close to 5 hours of quilting so far and only half way across the first row!  Many hours of quilting on this I can see in the future.  I think this one might take well into 200 hours or more.

I will pick up quilting today by the  orangy/brown melons

A close up

I will have my new project ready for hand piecing soon – I haven’t received my book yet!  I thought for sure it would come on Saturday and it didn’t Sad smile I do have a pdf to use in the meantime but I can’t completely plan my blocks until I get the book to go over the border options.  Surely it will come later today but with the mail as slow as it can be at times who knows!  I will share photos when I get it set.

Pineapple Square was finished late last week and I have not gotten my binding cut still.  I need to work on that this week so I can get it finished – also in the works in applique to cut out for the border of the Red and Green – plenty of things to keep me busy.

My little garden has been producing – not in abundance but enough to keep us in fresh tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers.   I don’t’ think it will last for many more weeks though, the weather has just been too hot.

Gari June 4, 2012 at 7:19 am

Joseph’s Coat look great on the frame and the quilting is looking wonderful. Such patience you have. Looking forward to seeing your next piecing project.
Gari recently posted…Wall, Deck, What’s the Difference?My Profile

Nedra June 4, 2012 at 7:56 am

A very productive weekend! Your Joseph’s Coat just gets more and more amazing.
Nedra recently posted…Fan Pattern Quilt BlockMy Profile

chris June 4, 2012 at 8:41 am

Love your quilting. It is very nice. Looks like you have just been super busy.
chris recently posted…Design Wall Monday June 4My Profile

Kathleen June 4, 2012 at 9:50 am

Your quilting is so nice. I look forward to seeing it completed.

Opal June 4, 2012 at 10:01 am

Hi Karen,

It’s always nice to see how your Joseph’s quilt is progressing.

I’ll be working on a quilt in a few weeks. It’s knitted though. It’s the beekeepers quilt. Perfect, since I adore bees. The knitted quilt looks like a honeycomb. It’s made by knitting numerous tiny stuffed hexagons that are eventually joined.

When I first saw it, I thought about you although a different method… the amount of detail involved to create it, is mind boggling.

From what I’ve been reading, it’s taken those who’ve made the quilt at least a year to complete. I think this would be a nice heirloom to pass onto my daughter. She loves handcrafted items.
Opal recently posted…Crochet: Scraptastic hat update; pattern test completeMy Profile

Archie the wonder dog June 4, 2012 at 10:50 am

The quilting on JC is looking great! I hope your book arrives soon, I want to know what you’ve got planned!!
Archie the wonder dog recently posted…Fresh Sewing Day – finally!My Profile

Cindy Kuipers June 4, 2012 at 11:39 am

Beautiful!

Susanne June 4, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Love these colors! Excellent work.

Pip June 4, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Just love the quilting you are doing on Joseph’s Coat, just enough to set it off nicely. Hoping you get more rain soon, its awful when it is dry in summer.
Pip recently posted…A finishMy Profile

Bonnie June 4, 2012 at 9:05 pm

How great you’ve been able to start quilting Joseph’s Coat. It still is amazing and wonderful and a lot of other superlatives. I’ll enjoy seeing photos over the coming weeks as you quilt it. Who gets this quilt when it is done?
Bonnie recently posted…Design Wall Monday 6-4-2012My Profile