What a tiny group we had at quilting this morning – two of us quilters plus Natalie’s mother who is visiting. Everyone else was on vacation or other plans.
I brought my Red and Green quilt with me to work on the applique and also so I could lay it out and then get up higher to take a photo of the whole thing. Here at home I can’t lay it all out flat and there we have a stage that we can go up on and look down. Keep in mind this border is just glue basted in place – I have just one side part way finished in the stitching.
Now you can see what it will look like finished. Before I was also able to just show half of the quilt – here is the whole thing. I got it almost laid out straight and flat! It is about 100 x 100 inches. I can’t believe I have been working on this quilt for over 2 years now – the top will be done in a month or two, I don’t think the applique will take much more than that if I keep at it steady. In the upper right hand corner I have that flower down and the leaves up to the middle flower now so I am already about half way done on one border.
We managed to get 3/8 inch of rain last night and lost our power for 2 hours. Thankfully it came back on by 9:30 as it was so humid outside it would have been miserable to sleep in that kind of weather with no a/c or fans. We can use every little bit of rain we can get so I’m grateful for it but wish we would have gotten more.