POTC & Joseph’s Coat

by Karen on July 8, 2012

in animals, Inklingo, Joseph's Coat, Lucy Boston--Patchwork of the Crosses, quilts

Well I have gotten another block done – so many left to do if I make this one queen size Smile

The latest POTC block.

All 10 so far:

Joseph’s Coat right before I gave it another crank down on Friday night –

Looking down the row at what needs to be done next.  I got very little done yesterday– I was mainly reading a book and working on the green vine part of the applique on the Red and Green quilt.  Hopefully done with that done today and then I can get started cutting out flowers and gluing in place.

I have been looking at fabric on the shelves and starting to put together bundles of what I want to use in “Common Bride – I’m not sure when I will begin this quilt – probably not until next year but it is nice to start going through the fabric to see what I have available.  You can’t see real well on this photo but I really like the color scheme already there – lots of pink/browns – some greens and blue thrown in as well.  The background is numerous shades of beige to light brown – I am thinking more cream for the background and go a little lighter for that part of it.

Mike found this lizard  yesterday outside – he trapped it and brought it in for me to look at – unusual in that we never see this kind around the house outside – a spotted salamander.   Released back outside after I got a photo.

For those that have asked me about where to purchase turkey lacers/skewers to make the stilettos I got them at this link.  They are a little more than the $5.00 I thought they were – I hadn’t remembered the correct price – you can get a package of 8 for $7.04 plus shipping unless you can find them at your local grocery store or a Wal-Mart type of store.

Archie the wonder dog July 8, 2012 at 6:13 am

I love your POTC blocks!
Archie the wonder dog recently posted…Finally…a finish!!!My Profile

Joni in La. July 8, 2012 at 10:35 am

POTC is coming along so nice.

Common Bride looks like a fabulous quilt. You don’t do anything simple do you?

Love watching your progress. Thanks for sharing.

Kim July 8, 2012 at 11:57 am

I love your Joseph’s coat and pots… I am in awe by you handwork!

Thanks for the info on the turkey lacers, every year I make gifts for mt fellow bee members for Christmas and since there are 30 of them, I like to keep the cost down.
Kim recently posted…Why Yes, I am Crazy!My Profile

Leslie July 8, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Hi!
In Canada, I found turkey lacers at Walmart. About $1-2 for 12, I think.
I found the ECCO brand were thinner than the other brand, I forget what kind.
These are so easy to make, I have about 20 made so far and have given away 2!
I also thought a local Dollar store would have them too, but only got to look at a few of these stores, is probably out of season, so didn’t find any.
Take care, Leslie

Vivian July 9, 2012 at 8:55 am

Oh my, Common Bride will be beautiful.

Just curious–What are you using in between your POTC blocks?
Vivian recently posted…The first thingMy Profile

swooze July 9, 2012 at 9:17 am

Still here enjoying watching progress on Joseph’s Coat. Which row of how many are you on now?

The POTC seems to be really coming together very quickly. I really like your colorway.
swooze recently posted…Look Mom! I Sewed Something.My Profile