So Many Visitors

by Karen on July 23, 2012

in Lucy Boston--Patchwork of the Crosses

Do you ever wonder where all your blog visitors are coming from?  I have Feedjit on my sidebar with a map to show where visitors come from – it also tells you what post they are coming to.  When I came to my computer this morning out of curiosity I went to my Feedjit to see where readers have been coming  from – and right now almost everyone is coming to my site from a link on favequilts.com to the paper piecing tutorial that I did several years ago.  I wonder why? Someone must have posted the link – I just wonder where as comments have been turned off on that post ages ago.  I do hope the tutorial is helping someone although I really think I could have made it much better than what it is.

I finished one more Patchwork of the Crosses block – #14

I look out the window this morning as I type this post and I feel as though I have been invaded by squirrels.  I started to fill the bird feeder again recently and as soon as I do that the squirrels besides the birds come back.  The squirrels try hard to figure out how to get the seed which they can’t because I have a squirrel proof feeder.  They sit and watch the birds and try to get as close as they can.  Today one was on top the post that holds the feeder and two more on the roof of the work shop looking down at it.  I could do with the squirrels – they are pests I think.

Today I will be busy glue basting the red and green applique border, quilting on Joseph’s Coat, reading, make time for exercise and cleaning house and grocery shop – I guess I better get busy here I am still in my pajama’s – I woke up early – it is only 7:20 I guess I have plenty of time to fill my day Smile I think I will relax with a second cup of coffee and get some breakfast and continue to be lazy for a little bit.

Do you have much planned for today?

Sue July 23, 2012 at 7:28 am

I just love your POTCs blocks. They are turning out so nicely!
Sue recently posted…Saying helloMy Profile

Nedra July 23, 2012 at 8:03 am

We had squirrels in our backyard in St. George, and they certainly were pests. They dug holes in our grass and ate everything not nailed down. My husband would trap them and then drive miles away to realease them at a trail head with a wash. I told him we should paint their tails because I wondered if they ran all the way back as quiick as they could to create more havoc.
Nedra recently posted…Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild July MeetingMy Profile

Astrid July 23, 2012 at 8:19 am

I didn’t know squirrels are such a pest. I would have loved watching them trying to figure out how the birds get their food! :) I don’t really plan my days, but yesterday evening I said to hubby we go for a walk today, and so we did. It was a 4-hours walk in the area. Good to take a break from the quilt I’m working on… I have Feedjit on my other blog and it’s really interesting to see where visitors are from…..
Astrid recently posted…Table runners and placematsMy Profile

Wanda July 23, 2012 at 8:22 am

that’s funny that you mention the visitors from favequilts. I have had over 100 visitors from there too since I got up this morning. They are visiting my 2 rectangle tutorial. I wonder what is prompting the surge.
Wanda recently posted…Travel size pillows….My Profile

Debbe July 23, 2012 at 11:05 am

There are actually people who hunt squirrel’s here to eat them. It is definitely not my thing, but to each their own. I personally think they probably don’t have much meat on them, so you would have to eat 2 or 3 just to get a single serving. Your POTC blocks are amazing. and I think I need to get the feedjit, it looks like fun.
Debbe recently posted…What I Finished FridayMy Profile

Charlotte July 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Cute picture of the squirrels! I have a few whenever the pecans are ready to harvest, which won’t be many this year. Crows drop pecans into my flower beds and then I have tree babies to deal with. I’m thinking most wild things are hungry this year because of the drought.

I have page views almost every day on my Doodle Bug post. :)

Doreen July 23, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Wordpress does a really good job, on my “stats” page, of telling me where people are coming from (country & site). Very interesting!!
Striped gophers seem to be our nuisance here. The cat gets a lot but there are always more to replace those who have gone before.
Your block is so bright and cheerful! Has just clouded over, here. 70% chance of rain has everyone’s hopes up! Hugs…….
Doreen recently posted…Some inquiring minds have asked………My Profile

Sandie July 23, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I have been watching those blocks come together and they are fabulous! Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. :-)
Squirrels~ they stripped my tomato plants when we lived in TX, big pests! LOL
Have a happy day!
Sandie recently posted…Having Fun!My Profile

Vivian July 23, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I can’t seem to get motivated to finish anything. I feel like I am hopping from one thing to another, including housework.

Those poor squirrels are probably looking for coolness and dampness, just like us. lol
Vivian recently posted…Design Wall MondayMy Profile

Qi July 24, 2012 at 1:58 am

I’m watching your blog everyday for the new post, but couldn’t remember where i found this blog.
I thoungt I started with the Dear Jane Quilt and then Joseph’s Coat, just love them.

i will keeping following and expecting your amazing quilts.
Qi recently posted…旅行 2011My Profile

Jitka July 24, 2012 at 7:06 am

Hi Karen, First of all thank you for stopping at my blog and leaving me a comment. This is answer, how I found your blog. I also like, where readers are coming from. Nice blog.
Jitka recently posted…Nová deka – My new quiltMy Profile