I was going to do this one way – then decided on a different layout when I started to lay everything out on the border.
This is the way I was thinking in my head while I was cutting pieces:
But after I got busy laying out pieces and then stood on a stool above looking down at it I thought the border was completely overwhelming the inside of the quilt.
So I pulled out some of the flowers and did this – not quite so over done :
Which way do you all like it? Opinions? I do not have anything glue basted right now in place – the only thing permanent (already sewed in place) is the green line all the way around that the flower border is center on.
The flower centers are a little thin and although you can’t really see it in the photos you can see the red of the flowers though the centers -
So I cut a piece of batting the same size as the circle and placed it inside the circle from the back – stuffed circles – will make the circle a little puffy when washed and dried. Using one of my new little stilettos I carefully pushed it in place.
Then you can pull the thread tight again to flatten. When appliqued the stitches will go through the batting also to keep it in place. I had already cut the end of the thread off of this one so with no leftover thread to tighten I will just press this one flat with the iron again and then glue in place.
Enough thinking on this one for now. Everything is getting picked up and stacked back up on the sewing table while I give it a day or two of thought. So glad I didn’t start to glue baste immediately and wanted to see what it would look like with a lot of the applique laid temporary in place!