Weather Forecast

by Karen on July 28, 2012

in weather

After looking at our 10 day forecast I think I will be watching the Olympics, reading and doing various forms of quilting and spending very little time outdoors!

Today

Mon
Aug 06

Partly Cloudy
102°/75°
10 %

Wanda July 28, 2012 at 8:54 am

OMG, I wish I could share some of the bonus weather we have gotten. It was 61 this morning and I had the windows open at night for the first time in weeks.
Wanda recently posted…Choosing, cutting, pretty plants…..My Profile

Cathi July 28, 2012 at 10:33 am

Ouch!! I can’t begin to imagine just how oppressive that heat must be!
Cathi recently posted…Piecing the Swallows of Inklingo Block – lots of photosMy Profile

Gwynette in NW Arkansas July 28, 2012 at 10:41 am

Your temps look like ours with the exception of us being in the low 100’s up to about 105. We got .75 of an inch of rain Thursday night with our power being out from 10:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. I just was turning on the shower when the power when off. Our well runs on electricity, so no shower until 6 a.m. A friend from Rogers met me in Fayetteville for lunch Friday and I HAD to have clean hair…. LOL.

Our weather man said the bad news about our rain was the fact that the evaporation would just make it feel hotter with humidity…. ARRRRGGGG… Cannot get a break this summer, can we? I’m staying in and canning tomatoes this morning, then trying to finish quilting the baby quilt my daughter pieced for her friend. The friend was admitted yesterday with complications, so I NEED to finish.

I just got James Lee Burke’s new book, Creole Belle from the library and may settle in with that after some ‘have to do’ things get done.

Love the border on the red and green quilt.

Karen L. July 28, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Yikes!!! Guess I had better not complain to you about our high 90’s temps. Just cannot believe all those 100 + numbers you showed. It’s one thing to face a day or two of that heat but to see more than a week of it with no respite …… how terrible. Guess you will be getting a lot of quilting/piecing/applique done. Stay in, stay cool, stay safe.

glen in louisiana July 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Geez! We live in southern Louisiana and we aren’t that hot! You must live on the equator!

glen
glen in louisiana recently posted…Retreat House in TickfawMy Profile

Marianne July 28, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Argh! Guess I’d plan a vacation to Canada or Alaska right about now. We are having temperatures in the 70s and rain (much needed). Stay cool and hydrated!

Nedra July 28, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I think it will be even hotter in Arkansas than we are here in Arizona. (and we have very little humidity to go with the temps). Who would have guessed.
Nedra recently posted…Tickety-BooMy Profile

anina July 28, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Oh my gosh! It was only 57 degrees when I got up this morning and it’s now about 65. Wish you could send a couple of degrees over here.
anina recently posted…I Love Summer!My Profile

jojo July 28, 2012 at 4:22 pm

holy moly Karen… that is hotter than a furnace! I’ll be sending cool thoughts your way.

Astrid July 28, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I don’t envy you at all! Fortunate it never gets that hot here, since we are surrounded by sea. Stay inside and keep cool! Before you know it’s autumn your side… :)
Astrid recently posted…Blogger’s BOM #9, 10 and 11 and progress on BD-quiltMy Profile