Joseph’s Coat

by Karen on August 31, 2012

in Joseph's Coat, quilts

I made more progress Smile I finished row #7 out of 10 now finished.  I gave the quilt a crank down on the frame and the end is really and truly almost in sight!  One more crank of the bars and it really will be.  I have a half of a row in this photo this is still turned under. (remember I am counting rows as the curved ends are so they are kind of large rows Smile  each curved circle on the ends is a row.)

I’m pleased with the progress although I did wish to finish it a little faster than I am doing.  I started it the beginning of June and have 78 hours in on it so far.  I had hoped to be finished with it by now – but it was beginning to feel like work!  I had to start working on other things too.

I was notified a little while ago that I won another give away I was lucky and won one from the Green Fairy earlier this month  – this one from the Fat Quarter Shop – how nice! 15 fat quarters – the “Growing Hollyhock” collection by Lynette Anderson.  They aren’t my normal colors of choice but I am trying to make some things with other collections than I normally choose for myself.  I haven’t a clue what I will make with this one.  Mix them with some bright solid whites maybe to lighten them up somewhat – we will have to see.

The weather had said rain all day today – nothing since this morning still at 1 1/2 inches of rain from the storm, maybe more tonight?  Looks like we lucked out, although the weather said to get out of the drought we needed 15 inches – we are lucky we didn’t get it all yesterday and last night. – Maybe more next month?

Billie K August 31, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Alright now I’m jealoug….giggle. That’s a fantastic win….enjoy. Your quilt is lovely.

Cassandra August 31, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I am having so much fun watching Joseph’s Coat come together. I love the greens!

Congrats on your fabric win! I’m so jealous! ;)
Cassandra recently posted…What’s On My Nightstand?My Profile

Carolyn August 31, 2012 at 7:05 pm

So glad that you survived the storm relatively unscathed. I was thinking about you yesterday! Still love your Joseph’s Coat quilt and can’t believe how quickly you’ve quilted it. I work VERY slowly! Enjoy your weekend!
Carolyn recently posted…Empty Nesting!My Profile

Vivian August 31, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I wish I had kept track of the hours I spent on my shirt star quilt. You are so disciplined. I guess that’s from years of quilting.
Vivian recently posted…I decided toMy Profile

Mary LeClerc August 31, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Lucky you! Those would be my colors so if you find you can’t use them…..LOL. I think Joseph’s Coat is going to be my favorite of all the beautiful quilts I’ve seen from you. It’s stunning!

nanci September 1, 2012 at 7:27 am

I tell you, when you finish this quilt you will have withdrawals. It has been on that frame for such a long time. Looking forward to its end.
We are so awaiting rain here, not to get more than 1 1/2 per day, but there is so much stress on trees from Ontario to the Maritimes. Some small rivers look like creeks…we will pay for it somehow.

Archie the wonder dog September 3, 2012 at 10:40 am

JC is looking marvellous!
Archie the wonder dog recently posted…Low volume charm swapMy Profile

Doreen September 3, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Congrats on your latest win! I am sure your project choice will ‘rock’! Your “Joseph” quilt still amazes me!!! Hugs, D
Doreen recently posted…A Somewhat wordless Wednesday……..My Profile