Yesterday was such a nice day outside that I didn’t do much quilting until late in the day. I decided on a quilting pattern for the new “X Marks the Spot” – I was just going to do outline quilting but then decided to go through my stencils that I have collected over time (some from the Stencil Company who held a give away on my blog last month) and I found what I think looks perfect on it. Nothing excessive, just nice and simple with outline on the white parts. I am using just plain gray thread on this one YLI 100% glazed cotton. This is the only part that I quilted – just something to get started and see how it looked.
Last night I also spent some time watching an old disaster movie on Netflix (too many nasty little bugs were outside to enjoy the evening out) while working on the applique for the Red and Green quilt – I’m happy to report that I finished border number 3! One more border left to applique. This quilt top is getting so near to completion that I will most likely be concentrating on getting this one done and work mainly just on this one this week until I am finished with it. The final border:
Progress is such a wonderful thing isn’t it!