X Quilt Finished

by Karen on August 8, 2012

Started last week Friday – finished this week Wednesday – not bad for a little quilt like this – done by machine for a change!  Measures 69 x 69.  Now it will sit aside for a short while – I need to decide if I will machine quilt straight lines or if – yes – if I will hand quilt it.  I know I said I was thinking of machine quilting straight lines but some how I just doubt I will!!

This could be done in my hoop – it is not too big for that.  Six to eight weeks and it would be done.  A little bit of outline quilting – yes I’m talking myself into it already aren’t I.

You can’t see the corner blocks too well – they are a dot print

This kind of print is not something I really use that much of – not my kind of fabric if you know what I mean but hey – it was free!! I had to make something cute out of it.

We had some rainy weather move in about an hour ago – it was 96 degrees – it is now 73!!!  It feels downright cold out there now after being so hot all the time – it rained, it thundered, the wind picked up and we got 3/8 inches of rain!!  Boy we sure need more badly but I’ll take this any day.  I have the windows open now that the rain stopped – the ceiling fans on full blast to pull in some fresh air – it gets kind of stale in the house after awhile when the A/C is on all the time.  The news said yesterday that the near by town broke a record by having 37 days over 100 degrees this summer – we are baking here!

Erlinda August 8, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Beautiful!
Erlinda recently posted…Summer School is done!!!!!My Profile

Yvette August 8, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I absolutely love it!!
I vote for hand quilting it. You do such wonderful hand quilting and if it doesn’t take that long I say go for it.

Vicki W August 8, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Wow, you got that together quickly!
Vicki W recently posted…Some sun printingMy Profile

anina August 8, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Pretty!
Yay for a little cooldown!

Karen L. August 8, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Gosh, I miss a couple of days of reading your blog and look what I come back to see!!! I still cannot believe how fast you hand piece and now I have to say the same about your machine piecing. You made good use of that fabric. It’s not my taste either but the overall quilt looks great! Hmmm, I may have to stop reading your blog as it is making me feel like a real slacker. lol
Today we had the same kind of weather thing happen in our area. Thunderstorm came roaring through and cooled things down. Yay! We had one lightening strike that was so close to our house that Mike, the two dogs, the cat, and myself almost jumped out of our skin. (What a funny saying that is.) The youngest dog was shaking for quite a while. Thankfully, there was no power outage or “electronic frying”.

Vivian August 8, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Wow, you did get that finished quickly.
Vivian recently posted…A Little ProjectMy Profile

Tim Latimer August 8, 2012 at 9:45 pm

yea rain! good news….and I love the quilt top!
Tim Latimer recently posted…Log Cabin re-do beginsMy Profile

Debra August 9, 2012 at 7:43 am

Karen, you just like a quilting machine. I have never seen anybody whip up a quilt like you can. Lovely soft colours. Another beauty. Hand or machine quilted I am sure it will be beautiful although I think that this one could lend itself to machine quilting.
Debra recently posted…Updated Sewing RoomMy Profile

Archie the wonder dog August 9, 2012 at 2:44 pm

It looks wonderful!
Archie the wonder dog recently posted…It’s time!My Profile

Doreen August 10, 2012 at 6:20 pm

That is so bright and sunny!! Guess that’s cuz all you have had is sun!! That is one precious quilt and will be super quilted either way!!
Doreen recently posted…Time slips away……My Profile