Common Bride

by Karen on September 18, 2012

in Common Bride, quilts

I finished one corner Smile and I am now working on the second one.

The second corner in progress

Someone told me I should just push on through and finish Joseph’s Coat – I don’t like to work on the same thing every day – besides hand quilting for hours on end or day after day can make fingers very sore.  I like to quilt one day and then work on something else for a day or two.  Sometimes I make time to quilt for only 5 or 10 minutes on some days – I do get some quilting in almost every day though.  I just like variety.

Debbe September 18, 2012 at 7:14 am

Your applique work is just amazing. I too don’t care to work on the same thing day after day, after a while it becomes a chore and I don’t like to associate sewing and chores together.
Debbe recently posted…What I Finished FridayMy Profile

Gari September 18, 2012 at 7:40 am

I totally agree, I always have several projects going so I can choose what I want to work on each day (or sometimes not work on anything). I also like variety: piecing, applique, planning, etc. Love your Common Wife.
Gari recently posted…On The WallMy Profile

Teri Dingler September 18, 2012 at 8:24 am

Me, too! I have several going on at all times! Makes life interesting and not dull!
Beautiful applique work! Must include on my next project!

audrey September 18, 2012 at 1:00 pm

That’s the way I am. I really do get more done when I’m working on a couple different projects at the same time!

Billie K September 18, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Looking gorgeous! I’ve been trying to work on just one project which is very unusual for me, and I’m actually getting less done than if I worked on more.
Billie K recently posted…It’s a Batty Monday!My Profile

Doreen September 18, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I agree with the gals above, I, also, get more done if there is variety in the projects going on at one time. Unless it’s something that is quickly needed/finished then the motivation keeps me going!!! Love both the fabrics and applique you’re working on!
Doreen recently posted…Quilt guild today…….My Profile