Joseph’s Coat

by Karen on September 17, 2012

in Joseph's Coat, quilts

A note on yesterdays post about the William Morris book – I think I need to start about 4 more quilt tops – I have been advised that the more I start the longer it will take me to actually finish a quilt top – which means I might get caught up on the tops that need to be quilting Smile somehow I like this logic!!  In that regard I think I need to start more tops.

Progress has been made on Joseph’s Coat.

I will get done with this quilt by the middle of November I hope – I just have to keep plugging away at it.  It would be so nice to get another top on the frame and started before the end of the year.

Archie the wonder dog September 17, 2012 at 6:43 am

The quilting looks lovely – I love the colour changes across this quilt!
Archie the wonder dog recently posted…Low volume charm swapMy Profile

Debbie in Alaska September 17, 2012 at 9:40 am

Joseph’s Coat is looking good! I don’t know if you’ve been asked this…but I have noticed doing hand work on batiks is more difficult…have your found that? Maybe my needles weren’t sharp enough.
Debbie in Alaska recently posted…Stitching SundayMy Profile

Cathi September 17, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Your Joseph’s Coat is going to be stunning when it’s finished.

Love the idea that starting four more quilts will slow you down. Sounds like perfect quilter’s logic to me. LOL
Cathi recently posted…New Themes: Gridspace and AsceticaMy Profile

Swooze September 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I think I would be bearing down on Joseph’s coat to get it done! When I was finishing up UFOs I hopped around and one was real close to being finished I’d concentrate on that one until it was done.

Just enjoy the process :D.
Swooze recently posted…Wingspan Triangle 2My Profile

Nedra September 17, 2012 at 9:51 pm

November will be here before we know it. And your Joseph’s Coat is looking very close to being done!
Nedra recently posted…The Starry NightMy Profile

Deanna Neumann September 17, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I love Joesph’s Coat! Your quilting stitches look perfect. I hope (selfishly with no real say) that you do your red and green next…..just putting in my two cents. Hope your week is beautiful!

Chris Daly September 18, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Karen your Joseph’s coat is so pretty. I didn’t realize the background fabric had a pattern to it. That add such a nice effect to your quilt. Hope you are doing well and that things have cooled off where you are.
Chris Daly recently posted…Work in ProgressMy Profile

Vivian September 18, 2012 at 9:12 pm

The colors on Joseph’s coat are just beautiful. Is the background fabric a print? I always thought it was a solid.
Vivian recently posted…Quilting MarathonMy Profile