More on Joseph’s Coat

by Karen on September 19, 2012

in gardening, Joseph's Coat, quilts

Got a little more done on this one yesterday.

I just love these colors.  Even though it was a pain in the you know what at times with trying to arrange color.  Most of us do not have wall space for designing super big quilts and I had to keep laying each row out on the floor and standing back and looking at it – sometimes by standing on a stool and looking down – but it was worth it in the end.

I am getting a couple more roses blooming here and there.  I’m really kind  of surprised that these made it through the drought ok so far.  I really did neglect them and wasn’t thinking to try to water.  I have two pinks on this end of the garden and two red rose bushes by the deck.  There are two old fashion coral looking plants that are kind of wild that I neglected too.  One is far from the house and I never do anything with it.  I haven’t a clue if that one will come back next year.

These are buds on my oldest bush – a red rose that has long stems.  I think it is a Lincoln but I’m not sure.  I planted it about 28 years or so ago.  It has gotten moved at least two times over the years but always comes back.  I normally get buds up to Thanksgiving and a year or two at Christmas.

Nedra September 19, 2012 at 7:34 am

your stitches look so perfect and even. And the colors on your Joseph’s Coat are so beautiful.
Nedra recently posted…Yellow Pinwheels QuiltMy Profile

Jeanne in Ohio September 19, 2012 at 8:28 am

I’ve been following your progress on Joseph’s Coat and really lve what you’ve done with the colors. It’s been an inspiration. Thanks!
Jeanne in Ohio recently posted…WIP July 18My Profile

Gwynette in NW Arkansas September 19, 2012 at 1:32 pm

A Mr. Lincoln rose smells absolutely delightful with a strong sweet fragrance and is a deep red, rather that a clear red. We had one in MO and we left it. I bought one at Lowe’s that ‘said’ on the label it was a Mr. Lincoln, but it has a single petal blossom and no fragrance. I threaten every year to rip it out and this may be the fall I do it!!!

I enjoy seeing your flowers on your blog AND your quilting.

Cathi September 19, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Those colours are gorgeous! You must be getting close to the end. Can’t wait to see the finished coat of many colours!
Cathi recently posted…Summer Picnic Dish ProgressMy Profile

glen in louisiana September 20, 2012 at 12:12 am

I would never have known the back of your Joseph’s Coat was anything but pure white!

glen
glen in louisiana recently posted…Auction Wins! I Am Fondling My Fabrics……My Profile

Archie the wonder dog September 20, 2012 at 10:36 am

Gorgeous colours!
Archie the wonder dog recently posted…Low volume charm swapMy Profile

Quilter Kathy September 22, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Gorgeous blues and amazing hand quilting!
Quilter Kathy recently posted…September FNSIMy Profile