So Many Quilts To Make–Never Enough Time

by Karen on September 16, 2012

I was looking through my William Morris in Applique book the other day and found what I want to make in it!  Now when will I ever start it Smile  yes – so many quilts to make and never enough time!!  We all face that problem don’t we.  I have a list that goes from here to —– there!

Instead of black I have this dark gray that kind of has streaks running through it.

Maybe these bundles of Riley Blake that are not bright like the photo in the book – some of these are more of a pastel.  This photo shows a little brighter than it actually is.

I think I better finish up a few things first before I even get started on another project!!

Rain today – we still need it so that is good.

Marianne September 16, 2012 at 7:21 am

That dark gray will look lovely with those colors! I like Wm. Morris designs – have a lovely coffee cup some English people gave me.

Someone (not a quilter) asked me the other day if I have a project going all the time. LOL! I mentioned that I have 3 pizza boxes with on-going projects as well as swap blocks, a mug rug, and a mending project all in the works at the same time. She was… impressed? surprised? amazed? And I know I’m not alone!

crafts4others September 16, 2012 at 9:40 am

Love the quilt that is on the cover and the colors of the fabric you purchased.

nanci September 16, 2012 at 9:42 am

Oh that will be a great choice of background colour…you seem to think of more than quilting while quilting….”what will I do next” in in your head at all times. I suppose we all get lost in thought while doing our craft…I am going to do some hand work this winter, hand applique 101 is on the horizon…my private teacher Helen is on a mission to make these hands work..

Judi September 16, 2012 at 9:43 am

On the other hand, you’ve said you need to get caught up on the quilting of the tops you already have done. By having more tops started, you could split your time up more, focusing more time on the quilting, and you wouldn’t complete another top to add to the pile before finishing the quilting on a couple more tops. By the way, I love that color combo!
Judi recently posted…Oh Dear, This is MeMy Profile

Debbie in Alaska September 16, 2012 at 11:16 am

How gorgeous! It is too hard to resist all the great fabrics and designs available!
Debbie in Alaska recently posted…French FridayMy Profile

Debbe September 16, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I think that dark background fabric will make your pastels appear brighter than they really are. You should set one bundle on a light background fabric and the other on the dark and really see the difference it makes.
Debbe recently posted…What I Finished FridayMy Profile

Pip September 16, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Your fabric choices will look great with the dark grey fabric. Its funny how we all have other projects that we are thinking about starting even though we already have several in progress, it is a good incentive to finish though.

Karen L. September 16, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I also love the quilt on the cover of your book. It’s just shouts William Morris! Saw an exhibit of his works in England many years ago and bought a book about him and his designs. I should go look that up. Too many projects????? Only if you yourself think so. I know I have too many half started and sometimes it makes my head hurt thinking about them. But that’s what aspirin is for, right? lol

Karen L. September 16, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I also love the quilt on the cover of your book. It’s just shouts William Morris! I bought a book about him and his designs many years ago. I should go look that up. Too many projects????? Only if you yourself think so. I know I have too many half started and sometimes it makes my head hurt thinking about them. But that’s what aspirin is for, right? lol

Karen L. September 16, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Sorry about the double post. I had a funny notice come up when I hit send on the first one and assumed that it did not go through.