Joseph’s Coat

by Karen on October 16, 2012

in Joseph's Coat, quilts

Well I managed to get in a little over an hour of quilting last night and I was able to crank the quilt on down a little bit again.   Closer and closer to the finish – but give me a couple weeks of steady work before I can say it is done.  Except for the binding that is and with these scallops that will take me awhile for sure!

The area finished last night.

It is always hard to get the whole quilt in a photo with as long as it is on the frame so two shots were needed.

Trying to hold the camera above my head as far as my arms can stretch and still the whole quilt isn’t in view.

But that is most of it – I will go end to end on what is left 3 times as I have showed you in the past how much I can do with each “row”.    I am estimating about 25 hours of quilting time to go.  Possibly I can finish by the end of the month – but I don’t know – so many other things to work on Smile

Liz October 16, 2012 at 7:36 am

I really like this quilt. Am patiently waiting for the finish!
Liz recently posted…The third time is a charmMy Profile

Nedra October 16, 2012 at 9:03 am

You really are getting close to a finish! And it’s such a beautiful quilt!
Nedra recently posted…October Show and Tell/ Part 2My Profile

Gwynette in NW Arkansas October 16, 2012 at 9:43 am

That is going to be one beautiful quilt, Karen. When I get really close to the end of a project, I can’t stop working on it until it’s finished. Unfortunately, I have no projects at that point right now…. LOL!!!

Archie the wonder dog October 16, 2012 at 12:37 pm

It’s stunning!!
Archie the wonder dog recently posted…A little progress is still progress!My Profile

Doreen October 16, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Love that last photo!! Hand work puts so much more in to the creation, don’t you think?? That is the part that is lost when the machine enters.
Doreen recently posted…QOV and other beauties………My Profile

Cathi October 16, 2012 at 7:32 pm

You’re getting so close to the end! It is going to be fabulous to see the finished quilt!
Cathi recently posted…Memories of Smudge Blocks Done and A QuestionMy Profile

Astrid October 16, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Before you know, this quilt is done too! Very pretty!
Astrid recently posted…Christmas Mug RugsMy Profile

Kim October 16, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Wow how exciting to see the final row! Such a lovely quilt!
Kim recently posted…First block on Baltimore Blue is quilted!My Profile

Sartenada October 20, 2012 at 6:38 am

Very beautiful. I have seen this pattern somewhere in quilt show in Finland.