Quilting Equals Sore Fingers

by Karen on October 17, 2012

Smile that is right —- sore fingers strikes again.  I have been quilting way too much!  X Marks the Spot now is down to just needing the binding!  Thank goodness another one almost finished.

The back

close up of stitches.

I will be looking through scraps later in the next day or so and see what I have for binding.  Very little fabric is left over from this quilt top so I will have to pull something else or go with the cream – which is very likely what I will do.

Sarah DiDomizio October 17, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Congrats on another finish! It looks great!
Sarah DiDomizio recently posted…Make-A-List MondayMy Profile

Mimi October 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Looks great! Hopefully the sore fingers feel worth having.
Mimi recently posted…Little Miss A’s Baby Girl SwirlMy Profile

Penny October 17, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Your quilt looks lovely, the motive is sweet. Fingers will heal while you enjoy your finish. Wonder what maybe next!

Doreen October 17, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I hope you can piece together something for binding….maybe mixing the colors with the cream. Actually, I can picture the red/orange(?) on the binding. Gorgeous!!! Fingers definitely deserve a rest!!!! Hugs, D
Doreen recently posted…Tomorrow………..My Profile

Tim Latimer October 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm

looks Great!
Tim Latimer recently posted…Vintage Bars Quilt TopMy Profile

Karen L. October 17, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Sorry to hear about your fingers but boy, your stitching is so neat and all the stitches look the same size that it has to all be worth it! Did you order your new metal finger tip thimble? You need to cover those fingers so that you can keep quilting so we can ogle over your hand quilted quilts.

Debbe October 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Your work is just AMAZING!!!
Debbe recently posted…WIP WednesdayMy Profile

Cathi October 17, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Beautiful! Your stitches are so lovely and even. Binding is one of my favourite things to do – there’s something so meditative about stitching it down.
Cathi recently posted…More Memories of Smudge LayoutsMy Profile

Ann-Mari Duffy October 17, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Congratulation on a finish. Sorry about our fingers. But the quilt is lovely.
Ann-Mari Duffy recently posted…PreparationsMy Profile

Nedra October 17, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Congratulations on a new finish! The hand quilting is wonderful :)
Nedra recently posted…Modern Day Amish QuiltMy Profile

Elzaan October 18, 2012 at 12:27 am

Your quilt looks fantastic!
Well done on the accomplishment.
Hope your fingers feel better soon.
Elzaan recently posted…Suur saam met die soet…My Profile

Tatkis October 18, 2012 at 7:37 am

Adorable quilt, and the stitches are lovely!

Hugs,
Tatyana
Tatkis recently posted…В процессе / ProcessesMy Profile

Donna T October 18, 2012 at 7:56 am

Beautiful quilt! How do you hand quilt through a pieced back? I always buy a backing that is large enough so I don’t have to quilt through seams in the back. Also I love the piano keys. I am going to do that on the quilt I am working on now. Do the keys need to be a certain size or can I make them any size? I have never done the piano keys before so any advice you can give me would be appreciated! I know sore fingers hurt but I always think of them as a good sign!!! I have been able to quilt!!!!

Miriam October 19, 2012 at 3:45 am

Beautiful hand quilting Karen!

I hope your fingers recover quickly.
Miriam recently posted…Chester County Criswell QuiltMy Profile