Finally I can truly say I am making progress on the binding for Joseph’s Coat. After a very slow start to get this quilt finished I worked on binding for several hours yesterday. I have 1 1/2 sides of the binding completed. I do like the look of the black with all these colors. Here it is on the floor after I completed one side and I got it down to the floor to re-fold it to start working on another side.
Gentle dips and curves on the top and bottom of the quilt – the deeper curves are on the sides of the quilt.
I have been quilting on the Bow Tie quilt as well. I have not made a lot of progress on this one though. I have been trying to decide how I will quilt all the sections and when I do this with no set plan in motion it takes awhile. I will draw one thing out then decide no I don’t like it and get the water out to wash out the blue lines and need to wait for it to dry before I try again. What I have drawn out on the large bow ties and I have two of the quilted is how they will be. The area I am undecided on still is the big white area that is next to the smaller bowties. I’m not sure what I am doing there. These lines might get washed out as well.
Now as far as the Christmas Tree is concerned. I have had quite a few people tell me my iron was too hot and that is why the pieces are not sticking to the background. I for some reason thought it said to use a hot iron and I went back to read the instructions after the comments and find that it was to be at silk setting which was 2 settings cooler than what I had. About half of the pieces stuck in place really well though at hot setting. I also had a comment from someone who said I didn’t have my pieces close enough together – this is the layout that was in the pattern and that is what I am going by. I wouldn’t even think of starting over again as that is what I would need to do because half of the pieces are stuck down really well and I already have all the red pieces stitched down and about 1/3 of the green – if I really thought I would have to start over again I would just toss it in the trash – I am not a perfectionist! I will remember in the future though to re-check the setting on the iron – fusible though is not something I intend to use often as normally I needle turn applique.
Have a great day everyone!