Binding, Quilting, and Tea Cozy

by Karen on November 10, 2012

Binding is ready – now I just have to sit down and start sewing.  I decided to go with black and save the batik for something else.  I’m not sure if I have enough made but I can always add more to it if needed.  I winded it up around a pieced of cardboard to keep it neat.

I got more quilting done on the Bow Tie quilt and I washed off the blue lines so the quilting could show up

I have a little teapot that can hold about 2 or 3 cups of tea in it.  Sometimes it gets just a little too cool to fast so I did a search for a tea cozy. And I found a tutorial here.  Now mine is not fancy like hers is – I don’t care for frilly – I just go with something plain.

I even managed to do some machine quilting on it!  Just by moving the fabric this way and that I managed to get wavy lines without dropping feed dogs or whatever – no special foot either.  Of course this is little.

And reversible!  Now maybe it will keep the tea warm longer without the need to drape a kitchen towel around it.

I have switched from coffee to tea because of heart burn. I occasionally drink a instant cappuccino as well as it doesn’t really have too much coffee in it. I have a recipe for instant and made some and have about 3 pint jars full of it in the pantry cupboard – hard to cut some of those recipes down and this way it is handy.

Kim November 10, 2012 at 8:23 am

I love the quilting you are doing on the bow tie. I usually wash out the blue lines as I go also. Makes alot less work at the end and I don’t like leaving them in any longer then needed. Love the tea cozy! I drink both coffee and tea and really enjoy both. Can’t wait to see the Joseph’s coat once it is finished. I think the black binding will be great against all those different colors.

Happy Quilting this weekend!
Kim recently posted…Design Wall Monday 11-4-12My Profile

Joni in La. November 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Love, love, love the quilting on the border of the bow tie quilt. Great choice and implementation!
Joni in La. recently posted…Fishing or Freezing?My Profile

Penny November 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Karen, the quilting looks fabulous!!! Will email soon, youngest son had his school formal last night and also sharing my laptop with other sons, so I don’t get long on it these last few days.

glen in louisiana November 10, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I do so love the bow tie quilt quilting……..and the tea cozy. Have you tried the chocolate beans that are brewed for a coffee? They say it burns pounds off too!

Dr. Oz recommende it on his show several months back……need to find the name again.

glen
glen in louisiana recently posted…Cotton robin flies again!My Profile

glen in louisiana November 10, 2012 at 8:16 pm

had to go look it up…..choffy
glen in louisiana recently posted…Cotton robin flies again!My Profile

Elzaan November 10, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I used that exact same tutorial for my tea cozy. I used Chickens (morning) for the outer layer and owls (night) for the inner layer.
Your quilting looks stunning on the Bow Tie Quilt. It is going to look fabulous when finished.
Elzaan recently posted…Bloggers’ BOM 12 en 13My Profile