Finishes for 2012

by Karen on December 31, 2012

I like to look at the end of the year to see what I have finished in quilting.  I looked back at the end of last year and I see quilts still waiting in line to be quilted – but I am pleased that I finished two queen size quilts!  Anyone can tell by looking at this post that I don’t have much of a life other than quilting Smile  Mike has been contract working most of this year and we only took two trips – one was a week to Charleston South Carolina and the other was about 2 1/2 weeks to Wisconsin.   I had a lot of time for sewing.

Star Crazy was made in 2011 and quilted at the the first half of 2012 – hand quilted 100 x 100 inches

Joseph’s Coat was hand pieced in part of 2011 and finished in 2012 and hand quilted in 4 months! 105 x 103 inches

I made this pinwheel top at the beginning of the year and it is still waiting to be quilted – it will probably go in the hoop when I finish the quilt that is currently in the hoop – this one is machine pieced and will be hand quilted.

Square in a Square or Dizzy as I called it – machine pieced at the beginning of the year and almost finished with the hand quilting but not yet.

Pyramids was machine pieced and machine quilted by me with trouble but finished. I forgot to take a photo of this one after it was quilted.

Farmers Wife a shortened version made in 2011 and 2012, hand quilted

X Marks the Spot – I love this one – it is machine pieced and hand quilted in 2012

This Red and Green Traditional Applique was mostly made in 2011 I added the applique border in 2012 and it is currently waiting in line to be hand quilted.

this is Pineapple Square – I made the blocks back in 2010 and 2011 and finally put them together this year and added the applique border – it is hand quilted.

This Christmas Tree wall hanging is fusible applique ( a first for me) and machine quilted by me

So far Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses is this big – I started her this year, lets see how much it grows next year.

I also started the Common Bride quilt – I wonder if I will get done with this top this coming year also.

Another quilt on the quilting frame right now is the Bow Tie Medallion, made back in 2010 I believe and about 1/3 of the way quilted right now – I will finish this one in the upcoming year for sure.

I also made several tote bags and started on pillows yesterday – I guess I have been busy once again this year!

Dear Jane #2 Insanity Revisited is still waiting in line to be quilted also – 2013? we will see I still need to add the scallop border to this one – the fabric is sitting aside with the top.  The scallops will be the cream color.

dearjane#2

I think I have enough to keep me busy!!

Cindy December 31, 2012 at 6:02 am

Question: Did you sleep in 2012? LOL

LOVE LOVE LOVE all your beautiful quilts.

Answer: Guess you did NOT sleep. LOL
Cindy recently posted…One More FinishMy Profile

Debbie Rogowski December 31, 2012 at 6:18 am

Wow! great accomplishments! I’d love to see some of your hand quilting up close. Do you do just a straight line stich for them? (I dont mean to be trivial when I say just, because I KNOW the work involved) My fingers are still numb from the two king size Christmas presents I just finished hand quilting. I see you did the Farmer’s wife but um stopped lol, I just got the book any suggestions? Instead you went all out with the Dear Jane. Will you straight line quilt this one too? I ask because for the life of me I can’t get a quilt under my machine and I acutally enjoy the hand quilting anyway lol. Thanks for sharing

Debbie December 31, 2012 at 6:29 am

It’s great to see all the quilts together…you have quite a diverse range of styles…all beautiful.
Debbie recently posted…Re-Grouping DayMy Profile

Ann-Mari Duffy December 31, 2012 at 7:01 am

It has been fun to follow your progress the past year. Enjoy the accomplishments, and the unfinished ones will get their time when you are ready. Happy new year for you and your family.
Ann-Mari Duffy recently posted…Something I am very good at…My Profile

Catherine December 31, 2012 at 7:05 am

I am amazed at the progress you achieve in making these beautiful quilts. I’m still working on the Square in a Square quilt for my Granddaughter. I started in the summer and I don’t have the top completed yet. There is not enough hours in the day for me. My hats off to you in accomplishing so much in such a short time.

Archiethewonderdog December 31, 2012 at 7:10 am

Wow, I hadn\’t realised how much you\’d achieved in 2012…and they\’re all gorgeous!

Archiethewonderdog December 31, 2012 at 7:11 am

Sorry, I don’t know where all the ‘\’ appeared from…they weren’t there when I clicked submit!
Archiethewonderdog recently posted…Sixteen months of piecing…My Profile

Vivian December 31, 2012 at 7:22 am

You have accomplished a lot this year. So many beautiful quilts. I’m still waiting to how you quilt the red and green one.

Happy New Year!

Doreen December 31, 2012 at 8:00 am

I used to think that those who still quilted by hand finished very few quilts in a given time frame…..until I came across you and your achievements!!! An enormous, gorgeous group of creative finishes/almost finished projects! Amazing!! Happy New Year!!! Hugs, Doreen
Doreen recently posted…It’s that time of year……..My Profile

Karen December 31, 2012 at 8:13 am

Love all of the quilts ! I can’t believe how much you completed in one year! Is this typical for you?
Karen recently posted…Waiting for MondayMy Profile

Wanda December 31, 2012 at 9:13 am

You really get a lot accomplished in a year. Doing a little every day adds up so those who don’t think they have time to do large projects can take a lessson from you, a little a day creates a pile of finished quilts.
Wanda recently posted…Layering……My Profile

Mary L December 31, 2012 at 10:37 am

What an amazing year! All beautiful heirloom quilts. You are inspiring. Happy New Year.
Mary L recently posted…Quilt ShowMy Profile

Erlinda December 31, 2012 at 11:07 am

All your quilts are beautiful. Can’t wait to see what 2013 brings. Have a Happy New Year.
Erlinda recently posted…Ending the Year with SnowMy Profile

Vera December 31, 2012 at 11:36 am

Wow! Your beautiful quilts and tops inspire me to keep on stitching, however lame my effort. So pretty.

Pip December 31, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Lovely quilts Karen, it’s nice to see a round-up of the quilts you have worked on through the year. I’m happy to see I’m not the only one with a partially completed Dear Jane, one of my hopes this year is to finish the quilting on my one.
Pip recently posted…Here in Australia,My Profile

audrey December 31, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Great work Karen! I love being able to see all your quilts together like that! You have had an amazing year with your quilting and completed some beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us.:) Happy New Year!

Gina December 31, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Wow! You’ve got to be proud of that list of completions! You do amazing work!
Gina recently posted…FiniMy Profile

Charlotte December 31, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Many, many beautiful stitches!

Nedra December 31, 2012 at 5:33 pm

What a year! Just knowing you hand quilt your quilts is amazing in and of itself!

Karen December 31, 2012 at 8:20 pm

You have an amazing number of projects to show here. This is wonderful! I always enjoy seeing your beautiful work.
Karen recently posted…Sunshine And Snow.My Profile

Jo December 31, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Oh, one more look at JC! All your quilts are stunning!

Miriam January 1, 2013 at 5:43 am

Happy New Year Karen!!

Lots of beautiful quilts!
Miriam recently posted…First Boutis Project FinishedMy Profile

Astrid January 1, 2013 at 7:44 pm

WOW Karen! You were busy in 2012 and it looks like you won’t run out of work this year either! :) Lovely quilts!
Astrid recently posted…Quilt tops finished in December – #3, 4 and 5My Profile

Kathryn Z. January 2, 2013 at 9:38 am

Love your quilt- and someone who gets more done than me. I also hope to start Common Bride this year. Looking forward to what you work on this year through your blog.

Grannymar January 2, 2013 at 11:14 am

Mike directed me over here and I am amazed at the amount of wonderful work you get through in a year. Do you ever stop to eat or sleep?
Grannymar recently posted…It is only just beginning….My Profile