A Little of This and That

by Karen on January 31, 2013

in Diamonds Are Forever, Inklingo, quilts, William Morris in Applique-Floral Fantasy

Wednesday was a busy and chilly day – my goodness the wind – one would think I was still in the northern states! Tuesday was 65 and storms, a cold front clashing with a warm front – by yesterday morning it was 42 degrees when I got up and down to 36 by afternoon – the wind chill must have been at 30!  and the daffodils have buds on them – wild weather – but we almost always have a day or two like this in January.  Can you all believe this is the last day of January! Time flies when you stay busy doesn’t it.

Other than running out to the fitness center and the grocery store I was home.  Reading, printing out fabric, getting applique pieces ready for another block – a little tv – busy.

Colors picked out for applique – now today I want to get these cut out and glue basted in place on the second William Morris block for “Fantasy Flowers

More Hexies ready for the “Diamonds are Forever” quilt-I didn’t piece any though, I just printed a bunch more and got them cut.  I did sew a little on Patchwork of the Crosses – the block I showed the other day – but didn’t get a photo.

I have 27 more fat eight’s from the bundle that I have been printing out for the hexies that need to be printed out on still.  Wow that was a big bundle I won of that last year – there had been 40 in it.  I plan on trying to spend time 3 or 4 days a week printing out fabric for an hour or two and I will have full boxes here before you know it to work with.   I have order a jelly roll of fabric in these color groupings (I think) not sure from the photo but I’m pretty sure it will go ok with these and others that I will pull from the stash.  I hadn’t ordered anything from the Missouri Quilt Company and wanted to check and see how they are – the daily deals are really great bargains – I will have to keep an eye on that.  I hadn’t planned on more fabric – we all know how that goes! I’ll be selective!

Cindy January 31, 2013 at 7:27 am

Didn’t know about the Missouri Quilt Company. Thanks
Cindy recently posted…Named FirstMy Profile

Sarah DiDomizio January 31, 2013 at 8:26 am

The little hexies are cute. It really makes me want to try it out…not that I need another project. ;-)

Looks like we have the wind today that you had yesterday. The weather service is predicting gusts of over 50mph for this area. I’m not so happy that I live on the top of a hill when its windy like this!

Can’t wait to see your “Fantasy Flowers”. Your applique always looks so good!
Sarah DiDomizio recently posted…Possible PurchaseMy Profile

Nedra January 31, 2013 at 8:31 am

Looks like some great blues to work with. Fun projects.

Astrid January 31, 2013 at 8:35 am

The hexies are really cute. Lovely colors. The applique pieces look like a fun project. We are supposed to get some rain from a cyclone, but still nothing.. wonder where it has ended up – need to watch meteo later tonight.
Astrid recently posted…UFO report – January 2013My Profile

Doreen January 31, 2013 at 9:07 am

Moving right along. It is frigid here…9F and gusty winds/”wind chill” advisory…ugh! Read about the terrible weather in the S.E. and around Little Rock. Pray that DD and family didn’t sustain damage in their area. Haven’t been to Missouri Quilt in a while but am weakening (after recent purchases I have GOT to be careful!!!!!). Hugs……
Doreen recently posted…From machine covers, to…………My Profile

audrey January 31, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Your William Morris work is fantastic!

Penny January 31, 2013 at 4:51 pm

You are off to a great start on William Morris. Block two already!

We are in the middle of Summer and it is 11 deg C here today, cold! Also had much needed rain last night (wind also), so hope it helps the bushfires east of us. Crazy weather, Queensland, Australia’s top state is flooding with loss of lives, while New South Wales, next state down, out west has burnt 56,000 ha, 53 homes lost, 120 sheds and out buildings, plus live stock and machinery. Then Victoria, bottom state, we have had multiple fires and the one east of us one loss of life. Tasmania has had massive fires and they evaculating thousands of people off the beach. At least they could get to the beach, if the fire was further inland that would have been impossible. But then, the US had devastation last year too!

Happy Friday!

Rita Larson January 31, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Karen
What a great quilt shop you have shared today………Missouri Quilt Company is new to me, but not after today.. I will be visiting often..

Pip January 31, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Just been catching up on your blog posts, you have been busy :) I’m trying hard not to buy fabric but as I haven’t checked out the Missouri Star Quilt Co this year, I think a little peek at their site is in order :)
Pip recently posted…The List – monthly updateMy Profile