Done – other than the pillows my first finish for 2013 –I should have been able to finish this one last year but I was slow All washed and bound – finished at 60 x 70 inches.
Nice and crinkly with the shrinkage of the cotton batting – just the way I like it.
This was a nice easy quilt from start to finish. I made the top last year in January and it sat until December 4th when I got it ready for quilting. I think I put about 35 hours in on this one for quilting and binding – 6 weeks of working on off and on. I didn’t keep track of how long it took to piece but if I remember right probably a week of off and on work – it was by machine.
The top was made with Connecting Threads strips, the sashing from the stash, the backing from Hobby Lobby, batting was two large left over pieces of Quilters Dream from other projects – now on to the next!
I was supposed to have a dentist appointment this afternoon but due to snow I cancelled it. It is sticking on the roads out here already if I don’t have to drive on our hilly road I don’t
I know a little snow to you Yankees is laughable but here they do not sand right away and coming home from town the last 3 miles is all up hill and shady part of the way the snow gets bad in those areas almost right away. It has been below freezing for two days now and the roads are cold. Around that curve there is a lot more snow sticking to the roads and it is slick.