Goals

by Karen on January 3, 2013

For the past week I wondered if I should even state any goals for 2013 – I don’t make resolutions, I don’t keep them.   But in quilting I do have goals.

I would like to get two queen size quilts quilted this year – finishing up the Bow Tie Medallion which is on the frame and quilt at least one of the two large quilts waiting in line to be quilted – the Red and Green Applique or the Insanity Revisited (Dear Jane #2) – which it will be I don’t know at this time.  In the hoop I would like to get the Pinwheel quilt quilted.

As far as the quilt tops are concerned – I would like to finish or at least make progress on -  Common Bride and make great headway on Lucy Boston, Patchwork of the Crosses (yes I think I will end up making that one bedsize).  I am in no rush to get either one finished as I still have 3 quilt tops waiting in line to be quilted.

You can go back to the post on finishes for 2012 to see what all those quilts look like if you are not familiar with them.

As far as new things – well I have mentioned Sedona Star and maybe I will do that one as a block of the month at my own pace? I have mentioned William Morris in Applique – again maybe a block a month?

One that has caught my fancy is a very simple quilt that would look great with scraps Tumbler Blocks – only big size – not small like this one from the Moda Cutting Table  something about this simple quilt just catches my eye.

And of course there are the Fancy Dresdan Plate collection from Inklingo that caught my eye as well – what is a quilter to do Smile so many choices and never in a lifetime can we make them all!!!

Oh well and not much time to do quilting today.  Dear daughter is staying over an extra day so I will be busy today – but they are at her mother in laws for the evening so I am going to my quilt group this evening – should have some photos taken to share tomorrow.

I think today we will be putting away the Xmas decorations – it will be nice to have some help with that – I usually do it by myself other than the tree that is.

Nedra January 3, 2013 at 8:19 am

Have a wonderful visit with your daughter. And you could be a spokesperson for Inklingo! I need to give them a try this year.

Karen January 3, 2013 at 8:49 am

In addition to having the same first name, you and I share very similar tastes in quilts. I love everything you mentioned. Good luck on your non-resolutions!
Karen recently posted…Waiting for MondayMy Profile

Astrid January 3, 2013 at 10:12 am

I never make resolutions, but this year I really want to do more exercise! Quilting; first of all I want to finish at least some of the quilt tops I did before Christmas….. Tumbler blocks are something I have had in mind for quite some time, but it is not my first priority this year, too many UFO’s! :) Have a great time together with your daughter!
Astrid recently posted…Quilt tops finished in December – #3, 4 and 5My Profile

audrey January 3, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I don’t make or keep New Years resolutions either, but when it comes to quilting? I always have goals.:) Good luck keeping up with your hand quilting and projects this year! Looking forward to seeing them all.

Vivian January 3, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Unfortunately, I am not good at resolutions or goals. lol Maybe this will be my year. Glad your daughter is able to stay awhile.
Vivian recently posted…Changed my mind already . . .My Profile

Penny January 3, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Enjoy your time with your daughter! I do miss mine, especially at this time of the year. Karen, I don’t set resolutions either as I just can not keep them, lucky to last a month. The last few days I have been thinking about doing my own BOM for quilts I only seem to dream of making. Maybe this way, a little bit each month on maybe two quilts can be accomplished in small time allotments.

Pip January 3, 2013 at 6:38 pm

No resolutions here either :) but I do have some quilting goals for this year too. You seem to pace yourself quite well and make progress on everything.
Pip recently posted…The List 2013My Profile

CJ Tinkle January 3, 2013 at 9:10 pm

I have several goals for this year, but I’m not sharing them! I’m convinced that is the kiss of death! L(L
CJ Tinkle recently posted…My VitaMix arrived!My Profile