Quilt Group

by Karen on January 4, 2013

Last night was the first Thursday night of the month quilt group – the one that usually has a lot of quilts for show and tell and a lot of chatter going on!  I got a little work done on my Patchwork of the Crosses block and showed two people how to use Inklingo and make Y seams easily! Now will they get into it – I don’t know but they appreciated the work that goes into hand piecing.  And of course like usual I don’t remember what quilt belongs to whom.

this is a close up of the above quilt with the embroidered blocks.  This one is hand quilted also.

This quilt is made out of “Razorback” fabric (Arkansas football university team)

center of above quilt

this is a counted cross stitch that one of the ladies was working on

A quilt in progress:

A stamped cross stitch baby quilt being made.

I did bring my Joseph’s Coat quilt to show and what I have finished on the Patchwork of the Crosses so far – didn’t bother to take more photo’s of them as you all have seen them here.

I did manage to get a little work done on the POTC block in the afternoon while visiting with Melanie yesterday – she was doing a little crafting also so that worked out well.  I should be able to get some done on that block today as well and I’m going to try to find some quilting time today also.

Sartenada January 4, 2013 at 7:52 am

Wonderful. There were so many interesting and beautiful blocks and quilts that I cannot name my favorite, but I enjoyed Your post very much.
Sartenada recently posted…Poor-man statues 1 / Estatuas de pobre hombre 1 / Statues de Pauvre Homme 1My Profile

Nedra January 4, 2013 at 8:15 am

Isn’t it fun to get together with our quilt groups now that we are starting a new year? I’ve been so happy to get back on task now that the holidays are over.

Karen January 4, 2013 at 9:43 am

Wondering if you can do a tutorial on Y seams? I would like to see the technique you use.
Karen recently posted…Waiting for MondayMy Profile

Doreen January 4, 2013 at 10:14 am

That counted cross stitch is beyond words!!! You have so much creative talent in that group…..such fun!!! Hugs, D
Doreen recently posted…A quick “finish”……..My Profile

Vivian January 4, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Love the quilt in progress.
Vivian recently posted…Changed my mind already . . .My Profile

Astrid January 4, 2013 at 8:29 pm

A bunch of talented ladies making lovely quilts. Pink is not really ‘me’, but the one on the first and second photo is so pretty with its stitcheries.
Astrid recently posted…Nothing But UFO’s in 2013My Profile

Deanna Neumann January 4, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Karen, I just downloaded and got started with inklingo. I started with tumbling blocks….I am having a problem with the y seams…can you help me.? I am creating a cup size, yikes. Not my desired look. I would love any help. Thanks, Deanna

audrey January 5, 2013 at 2:21 am

Thanks for sharing! I love quilt group show and tells. Such interesting conversation and lovely eye candy!