Patchwork of the Crosses

by Karen on February 7, 2013

in gardening, Inklingo, Lucy Boston--Patchwork of the Crosses, quilts

Another block finished and how many to go?  Not sure!  3 of the 5 for this row done.  These blocks might be shifted around – I will decide color placement after I get the next row finished as well – I will have 6 rows by 6 rows when I get busy and sew these rows on to the body of the quilt.  I need to print out more white hexie’s I have run out once again.

I picked up some bulbs yesterday – I well be planting soon.  These can all be planted by the middle of March if planted directly outside – I will be planting these in pots for something decoration on the porch – except the hollyhocks – those will go in the ground in March.

Now I will get busy and make some more hexie diamonds today, trying to make progress on all fronts!

Elaine February 7, 2013 at 6:18 am

Love your choice of fabrics for POTC, it is one my someday list! I am still not sure if I will use inklingo or EPP.
Elaine recently posted…Dear Jane WednesdayMy Profile

Teri Dingler February 7, 2013 at 7:31 am

I love bleeding hearts! I want to plant some this year! And the POTC is looking great! I must make one if I can get the hang of working with hexies or learn how to do Inklingo! Maybe when I retire!!!!!
Teri Dingler recently posted…Happy Valentine’s Day…..Early!!!!My Profile

Debbe February 7, 2013 at 8:15 am

Those blocks have multiplied like bunnies. :o) I can’t believe how fast this quilt has come together. It is just beautiful.
Debbe recently posted…A Lovely Year of Finishes, February GoalMy Profile

Kim February 7, 2013 at 8:21 am

I really should start thinking about the garden and flower beds but I am so focused on trying to finish the quilt for hubby in time for his birthday that I seem to forget about everything else. oh well we don’t plant until March and his birthday is Februsary 20th so I will have a few days lol.
Kim recently posted…Slow Stitching SundayMy Profile

Mary L February 7, 2013 at 8:39 am

Will the hollyhocks bloom this year? Was thinking they are biennial. Bleeding hearts are one of my favorite spring flowers.
Mary L recently posted…Still Quilting in KansasMy Profile

Nedra February 7, 2013 at 9:34 am

It’s nice to think that Spring is just around the corner :) Happy planting.

audrey February 7, 2013 at 11:45 am

I think you are amazing to make one block at a time to add to your quilt. I have to make them all and then play around with the placement forever before I’m confident they’ll look good together!

Melanie Goad February 7, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I was just thinking earlier today that I need to garden this year.
Melanie Goad recently posted…Adobo Sauce–From ScratchMy Profile

CJ Tinkle February 7, 2013 at 3:58 pm

The POTC is beautiful, naturally! I envy you the bulbs, doesn’t look like Jim and I will get to do any gardens this year. I’m about ready to start the search for a lawn service!
CJ Tinkle recently posted…Why we love our BerkeyMy Profile

Doreen February 7, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Sitting here it’s hard to envision planting anything! Moving right along on POTC! Very Spring-y…..need it!! Ha!
Doreen recently posted…Pin basting………My Profile