Trying to come up with a new name for this quilt that has the center medallion of Common Bride but from there it is not the same. “Starry Bride”? star in the middle, a feathered star, star corners and then hexagons that kind of look like stars and have a little star in the middle – something with stars for sure but not sure on that name.
I laid it out on the floor the other day and laid the pieced hexagons out that I had completed at that time and this is what is going on with it right now.
Seeing as there will be white triangles hooking all of these together I thought I would add a piece of white fabric behind them to see a little better what is going on with it. But of course it is a little bigger than it will be so it still doesn’t give an accurate photo. When I place 9 hexagons on the border it will be a little too large so I will need to add another sashing all around – 2 inches I believe. I might do that in a white also – not sure at this point – I will wait for that sashing until I have all 36 pieced hexagons finished. I will remeasure of course when I get done with 9 of the hexies to make sure that my count was right or if I need more — from looking at the photo I really can’t tell right now – I might not need any more sashing.
Then I moved them to a corner so I could see what it would look like there too. actually I’m beginning to think that white triangles to hook them together might not be a good choice – you loose the hexagon that way and just see the color – but that might not be bad either – for sure wait and see when I get them done. I have a light color batik that might work out well for this border hooking all of these hexies together – that might work out. I think I will be able to fit this up on my design wall then and will be able to step back and get a better look at it.
Next step after this is up in the air – I haven’t a clue what the next border will be.
I did finish the big hexie from the weekend - can’t say as my binding turned out all that well don’t think I will be doing a big one like this! I looked at a couple tutorials for binding on hexies and still had trouble with it. The big hexie just fit on this shelf – the pottery vase is one I got at a factory outlet in Pennsylvania – they had all the rejects sitting on a shelf for like a dollar or something (this was about 12 years ago) this one had collapsed when it was fired but I thought it was kind of cool! So twisted and funky looking!