Finally I have made a little progress on the Red and Green Traditional Applique quilt! I was able to roll down the quilt a little bit yesterday – I can’t believe it took me almost a month to work all the way across this quilt! Well I guess that is what happens when you are working on 5 different projects (at least) at one time.
This is the part that I finished up yesterday.
I will start here in the middle and work my way out now to get my lines in the right area. It’s nice being able to see the first line of blocks now.
the first of one of the smaller sunflowers has opened and several more are getting ready. I’m ready to see the first giant sunflower!
Here are more of them. The tallest of the plants is over six feet tall now.
LOL now you can see how crowded they are – just like I said. But that is ok – they are somewhat providing shade for the butternut squash growing below them but not enough as in the late afternoon the plants wilt horribly – I don’t know if I will get any growing to maturity – I have already had a couple tiny squashes fall off.