Quilting–What Else

by Karen on July 16, 2013

in gardening, Love Entwined - Esther's BOM, quilts, Red & Green Traditional Applique

Patchwork of the Crosses is coming along nicely – I am almost done with the fourth straight edge border – more to come.    This much left to do of the aqua pieced colors.  Bet you are all getting as tired of this quilt as I am! not Smile

This much quilting done on Sunday night on the Red and Green.

I have the tiny circles all glue basted down for the center of Love Entwined – applique these down and then get to Part II.  Messed up my blue pen circle so when I get done with the applique I need to gently wet it down completely and let it dry then redraw – this circle needs to be appliqued to the center of a 32 inch square – the middle of the quilt.

Last week or so I won this set of templates from Meredith at Pomegranate and Chintz in Australia.   They arrived in the mail today – thanks Meredith.   She had seen the design on Tim’s page – Tim Latimer-Quilts etc. and asked if she could use them to design a set of templates and this is the result.  Tim’s link will show you the quilt.  I had watched Tim’s progress with this quilt so it is nice to get the templates Smile  I especially like the little holes drilled at the seam points – makes it so nice for hand piecing!

The sunflowers are looking really ratty looking right now and tipping over left and right.  Still some good ones in here but I decided today to cut some of them off – the ones that are laying down or almost laying down.

And I hung them upside down in the workshop to dry out – now lets see what happens – I will let you know in a couple weeks what happens.

I think I have enough to keep me busy this week – what about you?

kaholly July 16, 2013 at 7:53 am

Tired of Patchwork of the Crosses?? Never!
kaholly recently posted…Out of the Mouths of BabesMy Profile

Sarah in UpstateNY July 16, 2013 at 9:52 am

Your Love Entwined BOM looks great so far! I’ve been saving the patterns so I can start it once I get a few other things completed first. I’m attempting to clean out some UFOs before I start something new.

Good luck with the sunflowers! I’ve dried roses that way before and it seems to work out well. I would think the same thing would work for sunflowers.
Sarah in UpstateNY recently posted…Garden UpdateMy Profile

Teri Dingler July 16, 2013 at 10:34 am

POT – Maybe when I retire! In my dreams!!haha I think that is my favorite right now – but then I have the Dear Jane to do also when I retire – my I’m getting a lot of projects lined up! Dec., 2014 better hurry and get here so I can start more than I already have going! I think your habits of several projects are catching!

Nedra July 16, 2013 at 11:05 am

I am not a bit tired of seeing pictures of The Patchwork of Crosses. Love that quilt!
Nedra recently posted…Kinko’s Is My FriendMy Profile

audrey July 16, 2013 at 11:47 am

You always have enough to keep you busy all week! That’s why you get so much accomplished.:)

Doreen July 16, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Love those templates from Meredithe! I am sure you will put them to good use. All else is coming along beautifully! I really like sunflowers…even when their heads are hanging down! Hugs……
Doreen recently posted…Part I….ANNUAL SHOP HOP…….My Profile

Heather July 16, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Your LE block is lovely. I am on to part 2 and having so much fun!

Esther Aliu July 17, 2013 at 2:26 am

Talk about busy, how do you fit it all in? It all looks wonderful!

Colleen July 17, 2013 at 3:01 am

I so enjoy seeing you quilt projects and garden too. It is also nice to know you have different things going and progressing I think you are very smart to work it that way so you can rotate and continue forward

Meredithe July 17, 2013 at 4:41 am

Glad the templates have arrived safely. Enjoy playing with them!
Meredithe recently posted…Stitching with MSGMy Profile

Victoria July 18, 2013 at 8:14 am

Hi Karen! I have been following your Patchwork of the crosses for some time now and I admire you for such an incredible work, piece by piece, my God!!, that’s a job. And about the tiny circles of Love Entwined, how do you do it? applique? because they’re so small!. I’m right now with a new tutorial for my blog so nothing related with thread and fabric but cardboard and glue, we’ll see. Love!!