What Nice Weather

by Karen on August 15, 2013

in Love Entwined - Esther's BOM, quilts, Red & Green Traditional Applique

Yesterday was beautiful – unusual for August but we had a high of 76 and very low humid – sun shining!  We are in for a short spell of what seems like early fall weather – night times into the 50’s!

But even though I was outside off and on I did get some quilting done too of course – can’t stop you know it is just part of me.   These 4 squares of the Pinwheel quilt are done.  As I said I am not putting in a super abundance of quilting – mainly outline only.

I did some work on Love Entwined stitching down one side of four zigzags.  I have a little more to do.  I used wash out fusible for this.  So right now the zigzags are stiff which made it easier for placement on the square but made it harder to sew.  I thought about taking the fusible off as it will come off – you have to tug at it a little bit but it will come off – but I decided to leave it – I will continue to use if for the zigzags in this part of the quilt but I don’t know if I will use it for any more of the quilt.  About 5 sets of color there on the right hand side need to be stitched.

Tuesday night I worked on this section completing it.

And last night I moved over to this block.  I love this block – it is one of my favorites from this quilt.

Craftsy is having a sale on several quilting classes you might want to check them out.

kaholly August 15, 2013 at 4:11 am

Thanks for the heads-up on the Craftsy classes. Will check it out!
kaholly recently posted…Not Just Any Port in the StormMy Profile

Teresa Rawson August 15, 2013 at 6:52 am

Wow…I just spent some time catching up on what you’ve been up to! Your Entwined project is going so well! I love this project…wish I didn’t have om many fingers in pots, as it would be fun to be working on it with everyone else! And your quilting is just beautiful! “Slow and steady wins the race” – you are getting closer to finishing each one with each sesion you spend stitching. Our weather is cool here as well. My daughter started 11th grade today, so the air really has a fall feel to it…even though we are weeks away from fall color and apple cider In stitches Teresa :o)
Teresa Rawson recently posted…How to build a banjo…and a hound dog!My Profile

Sharon Sucher August 15, 2013 at 9:11 am

Haven’t commented lately as I’ve had a boatload of company!!!! Your POTC is gorgeous; I so admire your patience and diligence working on it. I really love your Pinwheel quilt and hope you can remember where you found the pattern. It’s more my style :-). There is NO WAY I would ever attempt something like your LE quilt, but I will enjoy watching your progress. Have a great day, we are enjoying some comfortable weather here, too.

Nedra August 15, 2013 at 9:34 am

Nice progress on all 3
Nedra recently posted…Judy Niemeyer Quilt Trunk ShowMy Profile

Claudia August 15, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I searched Google for your Pretzel Pattern and found the following link:rnhttp://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/2747/american-jane-patterns/american-jane/pretzel-party-quilt-pattern

Thimbleanna August 16, 2013 at 9:20 am

Another hand quilted quilt! You amaze me with your gorgeous projects. That’s the way I like to work — slow and steady progress — sometimes it makes it hard for the blog though ’cause I don’t have as many interesting projects going on as you do!