Tuesday evening and Wednesday I made some finishes! So glad to get the Floral Fantasy quilt block done and while it wasn’t my best after laying all the blocks out it made me realize that I am still interested in this quilt even if I don’t work on it often. This is the layout so far:
The Pattern – above in the photo where I have the black triangles there are black strips of fabric that go there also to make the border applique – I just put part of the pieces up to see what it would be looking like. The blocks have to be trimmed to size also I think I made them one inch larger than they need to be. Five more blocks to make and then the border pieces.
The Uncommon, Common Bride, not pressed but the border is sewed on and now I just need to mark a grid on it, mark the border stencil, baste and get it in the hoop – and I need to figure out what I will use for the backing! Looks like I might have a little ruffle in the border but I can normally quilt that out ok.
Still at work with the machine quilting on the 9 patch. All lines are done in one direction and now I am going in the opposite. So progress on 3