I’m tired of posting about my scraps after 3 days or whatever of posting about them – I did finish clearing off that top shelf and I will show a photo of all the shelves cleaned up later – as I haven’t finished! Today – maybe I will work on wire basket #4 but maybe not – I might need a break from it I had to put all the boxes back up on their shelf so they would be out of the way – because:
I finished the Red and Green last night!!!! Last stitches taken – 198 hours of quilting – it was on the frame for 6 1/2 months but I took a 6 1/2 week break from it – all of September and part of October so that makes it 5 months of quilting. Even though I still need to do the binding I am counting this as a finish for 2013 – 2 queen size quilts finished this year on the frame – that makes two years running – I’m pleased.
I got it off the frame last night and today I will trim the edges and measure for binding. I’m not sure what I am using for binding – I think I have enough of the red sashing fabric but I need to get it down and measure. I need to check a basket also and see if I had selected binding fabric and put it with the tops that need quilting – I sometimes toss all that stuff in that basket to keep aside. I will post a better photo after it is bound, washed and dried.
So of course seeing as the frame was empty I had to put something on it right! It just doesn’t look right empty and rarely is empty for more than a day or two after I take a quilt off of it. The Uncommon Common Bride was waiting as I said I was taking it out of the hoop and putting it on the frame remember.
Now because this quilt had already been started in the middle I couldn’t load it onto the frame the same way – so here is how it goes–
I left all the basting pins in the quilt until after I had it completely on the frame – first finding the center I pin the batting and backing to the back roller – I didn’t remember to take photos until I had already taken pins out so that is why you see them gone in this photo.
Then I rolled it all the way up and found the center again and pinned the front to the front roller.
Then leaving the basing pins on the very edge of the top I started to remove all the basting pins from the quilt rolling it up as I went to get them all. Then I rolled it all back to the back roller – pinned the sides to the side fabric that pulls it taunt.
Takes up a lot less room then the Red and Green did doesn’t it – should get done in no time flat now – the center is done – it is the borders that need the quilting! I do not know though if I will work on it today – I might wait and start it next week – we will see – I know I will need breaks from working on binding so I will most likely start drawing the design on the borders to get them ready to quilt.
Last day for the end of the year sale at Craftsy going on now! Sale Dates: Now – 12/30