I always like to end the year with a post of what I accomplished – this is not a bragging post – it is a record for me of what I did – I like to keep track of things – maybe you do too?  This year I made a lot of small quilts and machine quilted a lot of them for practice – I will continue to quilt both ways – some by hand and some by machine until my fingers give out on me and I have to switch completely over to machine – I hope that won’t be for a long time still – but one never knows.

In January of 2013 I made and finished two string pillows.  This was something I normally do not make.   Don’t know why – I just do not do pillows and rarely work with strings.

Dizzy quilt top was made in 2012 and hand quilted in January 2013 – crib size

My picnic tumbler quilt was an experiment with spray adhesive for basting and I did not like it and it was also machine quilted by me – I tried all year to learn to do it decently and by the end of the year with the help of a new machine I did it.  I use it on the picnic table when we are camping.

A baby quilt – machine quilted for Operation Homefront – baby quilts to military moms

Another baby quilt for Operation Home Front – this one also machine quilted

Two more baby quilts – this one hand quilted big stitch

This one I practiced one again machine quilting.

I made 7 big hexies from sewing fabric together and cutting them out in hexies – hand quilted. Pieced hexies – make your own fabric from scraps by sewing them together and then cutting our your pieces.

I practiced the machine quilting again on a table runner

The Bow Tie Medallion came off the hand quilting frame in June hand quilted!  This top had been made several years earlier. (queen size)

Check Mark – machine quilting practice once again – couch size

My quilt top that I worked on in 2012 and the first half of 2013 was complete and is waiting in line to be hand quilted in 2014– Patchwork of the Crosses– hand pieced

After a lot of starts and stops on Uncommon, Common Bride I finally decided to make it smaller and not at all like the original –  I am hand quilting it right now and will finish in 2014 – this is the top before I started to quilt it.  It is a mixture of hand piecing, needle turn applique and machine piecing. Only the center is the same as the original pattern.  I put this part way quilted quilt on my hand quilting frame just the other day and will finish it on the frame as it was just too big for me to work comfortably on in the hoop.

Love Entwined as it is now – I hope to really make progress on this one in 2014 – I haven’t worked on it in ages.  This is a BOM and will continue all of 2014 – I hope to get caught back up I am four months behind and stay caught up.  This is all needle turn applique.

I made a lot of the following blocks and didn’t care for them and handed them off to another to make two veteran’s quilts out of them – this is just some of the blocks.

The Pinwheel quilt – made in 2012 and hand quilted in 2013 this is couch size.

A Nine Patch quilt , machine pieced and machine quilted – it is a full size quilt and my mother has it now.

A machine quilted log cabin table runner

Child’s Play – crib quilt, machine pieced and machine quilted

Hand Piecing hexagons for Diamonds are Forever – maybe finish top in 2014  I still need a lot of diamonds – about 85 I think and then they of course all need to be put together!

Carousel finally finished after taking a month to machine quilt it in December – it was made earlier in the year. This quilt is 56 x 68 inches – machine quilted.

I started the Floral Fantasy blocks on January 26th – I have taken a lot of breaks from it but keep going back to it – I do hope to finish the top sometime in 2014.  I finished the last block last night and took a new photo of the top.   Next step sew this all together add the border strips  – then the border applique will be put in place –you have to sew the border strips on also before final applique because the pieces overlap on to the half square triangles and corner stones.

Red and Green – sorry no binding on it and no decent photo but it is off the frame and binding is being stitched.  I really wanted to get this one done by the last day of 2013 but I will not get done with the binding, I will show a completed quilt in the next week or so I’m sure.  I just didn’t feel like working on the binding yesterday – burn out!  I finished an applique block last night and that was it.

So what is on the quilting outlook for 2014 –

Hand Quilting:
#1 Hand quilt Uncommon, Common Bride
#2 Hand quilt Patchwork of the Crosses
#3 Hand quilt Insanity RevisitedDear Jane number 2

Applique:
Floral Fantasy – finish the top
Love Entwine – get caught up and stay caught up LOL

Piecing:
Diamonds are Forever – finish the top? if I do I do, if not then not
Mini Tumblers – queen size charm quilt – start on it anyhow
Fancy Dresden Plate – Get started?

Ambitious plans – probably Smile – and of course there will be small scrap quilts to toss in the mixture which  will be machine quilted – I’m  saving the hand quilting for the quilts that take a lot of time to piece and applique – the machine for the faster quilts.   I won’t get done with this list – but this isn’t a for sure list – just a maybe “this is what I will do”  list isn’t it?  And we all know that we can change our minds and do a quilt that isn’t on our list and maybe more then one at that.

Thank you everyone for stopping by during the year, leaving comments of encouragement and compliments – I do appreciate all of you stopping by and taking the time to comment – I try to answer all of you but I am sure I miss some now and then.  Have a Happy New Year everyone and best wishes for your quilting journeys in 2014.

Hannele December 31, 2013 at 5:06 am

Quite a lot of accomplishments in your inventory for this year! Happy New Year!
Hannele recently posted…Hyvää Joulua – God Jul – Merry Christmas – Frohe WeihnachtenMy Profile

Carla December 31, 2013 at 6:13 am

Wow! You got a lot done! Hat off to you! Beautiful projects all! Happy New Year!

Sharon S December 31, 2013 at 6:57 am

HOLY COW, GIRL!!!!! What an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Nedra December 31, 2013 at 6:59 am

Doesn’t it feel great to see them all together? I need to go and do the same. You have really done some impressive quilts in 2013, especially considering the amount you hand quilt.
Nedra recently posted…Alissa’s Skill Builder BOM 2013My Profile

Gabriele Stabel December 31, 2013 at 7:26 am

Wow, you have made so many pretty quilts. My favorite, I cannot say because all your quilts are so amazing. You have had a very productive quilting year, especially your hand quilting is a masterpiece. You can be proud of this.
I wish you a happy new year 2014, healthy and lots of creative ideas and the time to sew and quilt. I am looking for your next quiltings.

Hugs,
Gabriele
Gabriele Stabel recently posted…Meine WeihnachtsgeschenkeMy Profile

Charlotte December 31, 2013 at 7:46 am

All of your quilts are so pretty; however, Patchwork of the Crosses is my favorite. I love the beautiful colors you used. I’m hoping your hands will hold up to do many more years of lovely quilting.
Charlotte recently posted…Dear Santa,My Profile

Debra December 31, 2013 at 8:01 am

I love seeing all of your finishes too. I am very partial to the red and green quilt but all of them are lovely. Happy New Year to you and your family. Snow is falling softly here and it is very cold. We will have a quiet New Years Eve with Steaks and New Years TV shows and likely an early night.
Debra recently posted…New Hip and Further Weight LossMy Profile

kaholly December 31, 2013 at 8:04 am

Ambitious goals for 2014, but oh, my goodness, look what you accomplished in 2013!! I’m stunned! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work all together like that. It was a fun recap. Happy New Year! I hope it’s the best ever!
kaholly recently posted…Merry ChristmasMy Profile

Deanna Neumann December 31, 2013 at 8:23 am

Wow! All your quilts are beautiful! I love, love, love the red and green!! Your blog is the first one I pull up every morning to see what you’ve been doing. I love to watch your quilting progress. Thanks for taking me along on your quilt journey. Hope there are many more!

Swooze December 31, 2013 at 8:28 am

Happy New Year. You helped motivate me back into my sewing room. Your blog continues to be my favorite. I read it last savoring it :). Hugs to you

Wanda December 31, 2013 at 9:16 am

Your really accomplished a lot and I’m glad you now have a machine that you like to machine quilt with. It will save your fingers for the really special quilts that call for the hand quilting. Happy New Year!
Wanda recently posted…Recap of 2013….My Profile

Peggyinno December 31, 2013 at 9:57 am

What a great way to put it all together. And you should be able to brag about all you accomplished this year. You finished some great projects. I am still in love with The Patchwork of the Crosses! Love the colors in that one. Can’t wait to see what you get done in 2014! Happy Quilting!

Marianne December 31, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Wow! You sure were productive for somebody who does so much hand quilting! It’s not bragging – you are taking stock. I do the same – keep a list of my UFOs and add my accomplishments. That way, despite all the UFOs that pile up, I realize that I really am keeping quite busy. Excellent way to end the year and begin a new year.

Hope the coming year will be wonderful for you and yours!

Hilda December 31, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Great plan for next year! And looking at all you accomplished this year you will sail through it! I like to have lots going at once and it looks like you thrive on it too. Happy New Year :)
Hilda

Angie in SoCal December 31, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Wow – were you ever productive! Is the Floral Fantasy a Michelle Hill pattern? It is gorgeous. Happy New Year, and thanks ever so much for posting such a marvelous eye candy show and tell.

Marjorie December 31, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Lovely and ambitious. Your Floral Fantasy is my favorite! If it makes you feel better, I haven’t progressed past the center motif on Love Entwined. ( Of course, I also have a history of only doing half of what was designed, so I may keep up after all. )

Debbie in Alaska January 1, 2014 at 2:05 am

It was great to see our your work for 2013…I’m extremely impressed!
Debbie in Alaska recently posted…Design Wall MondayMy Profile

Carole S. January 1, 2014 at 8:32 am

Just popped by from Esther’s blog. What an impressive and inspiring list of accomplishments!

Marsha Cooper January 1, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I love everything you made!
I also really like your idea of keeping track of finishes throughout the year. I’m going to remember that for the end of this year and take photos throughout the year. I can save them on disc.
When I learned how to make the string blocks I went a little crazy making all kinds of things. Now I want to try the spiderweb technique—it’s on my to-do list.
Marsha Cooper recently posted…WIP Wednesday—First Post of 2014!My Profile

Glenda Australia January 2, 2014 at 6:56 am

Lovely to see all your quilts here Karen you sure had a very productive year, and I have. So enjoyed watching your quilting on your red and green quilt. I wish you all the very best for 2014.Cheers Glenda

melanie goad January 5, 2014 at 10:42 am

Wow. I think patchwork of the crosses and the red and green are my favorite! The red and green looks like something I might and embroider.
melanie goad recently posted…Work in progress.My Profile