Little Progress

by Karen on January 29, 2014

in Diamonds Are Forever, Inklingo, quilts, William Morris in Applique-Floral Fantasy

Because I do so much by hand and work on numerous projects I always feel like I have little progress to report – but I did get two more granny squares done and the wall is looking full – I ran to Hobby Lobby yesterday and got the flannel I need to extend my design wall to the floor so I will work on that today and I picked up a couple more boxes for the fq’s as well and they are now all in the pretty boxes.  The block on the left is kind of crazy looking with the colors I picked out -

But once it is on the wall with the others – to me it looks just fine Smile  with a little rearranging I can get 8 blocks across I think – maybe 7 rows long?  not sure on that we will see – right now I am aiming for 8 across x 8 down – queen size no sashing – I might change my mind on that and do a narrow dark color sashing and see what that gives me –I have a batik charcoal or a fairly dark blue batik that I could use  – sashing maybe at 1 inch? like I say I am thinking about it.  If I do sashing it might be 7 x 7 in rows.  (and no dent in the 2 1/2 inch strip scrap box so far!!)

The 5th diagonal line on Diamonds are Forever is completely attached and pressed.

And I think I forgot to show the first corner completed on Floral Fantasy – this was finished last week and I am working on the second corner.

Most of us quilters are in the kitchen as well and Craftsy has just launched a Free Knife Skills Mini-Class! Grab your knives – go to this link — Complete Knife Skills with Brendan McDermott even if a class is free you will need to set up a membership account – you are not asked for a payment though — anything featured Free is free.  They have numerous classes on cooking.

kaholly January 29, 2014 at 7:05 am

Looks like you did plenty to me! Free knife class? Is it because I don’t cook that I find that odd?
kaholly recently posted…I’M the WinnerMy Profile

Jeannette in CO January 29, 2014 at 9:00 am

Wow! Thank you for alerting me to the knife course! I really like Craftsy (mostly). And I have a drawer full of dull knives that making cooking no fun at all.

Please don’t lure me into more Inklingo. I have 3 pickled rings on my wall and need to print more teeth…

I love your blog, even though right now I’m on a knitting binge.

Karen January 29, 2014 at 9:29 am

I haven’t looked at the class yet – but you need to sharpen your knifes to use them well :) LOL – cut cut dull just like rotary blades!

Charlotte January 29, 2014 at 2:22 pm

All work is so beautiful!
Charlotte recently posted…Something From the Works in Progress PileMy Profile

Carla January 29, 2014 at 2:42 pm

I think your making great progress. There is a lot of work in those hexies. Your granny squares look great. Will you be putting sashing between them? I am marking a Jacob’s ladder, very small lap quilt. It will go in my hoop next. Hope you are staying warm.

Doreen January 29, 2014 at 7:55 pm

You get plenty done!!!!! Your progress is fab!!!! I modified my design wall today, too. It’ll work a lot better. I am amazed at how many projects you have in process. That would not be a good situation for me, since I have spent years “process”-ing with no finishes. Now I strive to get, at least, to the finished top stage!!!! Hugs……………

CJ January 30, 2014 at 5:32 am

Wow you are a speed demon! I need to get back to work on my granny quilt. I love yours!
CJ recently posted…Scarf finished and blocked!My Profile