Rolled It Down-End In Sight

by Karen on April 22, 2014

in gardening, Lucy Boston--Patchwork of the Crosses, quilts

Sunday night I rolled Patchwork of the Crosses down and there was the end!  It is always such a good feeling to see that happen – knowing that all the work is almost finished on a quilt.  This one has been going by super fast and I know it is because I have been working on it almost every day – something I normally do not do when I put a quilt on the frame – sometimes taking a break that turns into weeks instead of days.  I put this quilt on the frame February 7th – wow.

Besides the tree log flower bed I showed you all last week another thing I saw on Pinterest was making a flower container out of a tree stump – Mike cut a hole into this one for me and I planted one flower plant with a little ground cover – it is not a real deep hole though so I don’t know if it will make it – lesson learned if we do another – make the hole deeper to make sure it will have more room.  I will need to check this often and the other one also to make sure it has enough water until the roots actually grow into the wood.

Leaves on the trees!  Some big leaves and some barely there but growing green they are.

Rose Buds!

After such a busy active week of trying to get the garden done and the decking clean I found I was totally exhausted yesterday – I did finish the binding on the table topper, washed the kitchen floor and did hardly anything else but sit around and read and quilted for a bit in the evening watching tv like I normally do – I do not consider that work though Smile – I hope my energy level has come back today!

Kathy ... aka Nana April 22, 2014 at 8:12 am

Thanks for sharing the green leaves and rose buds … we’re a ways from seeing much of that, so I’m getting a bit of a fix from your pictures.

It’s amazing how a little bit of quilting done faithfully every day will add up. What’s going on the frame next?
Kathy … aka Nana recently posted…Short but SweetMy Profile

Nedra April 22, 2014 at 9:57 am

You really have worked quickly on POTC, which is as you know, my favorite quilt of yours! Someday, I would love to make one similar :)
Nedra recently posted…Carrot Patch CookiesMy Profile

audrey April 22, 2014 at 11:09 am

Lovely to have the end in sight! You’re working hard.:)

Charlotte April 22, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Wow!! You’ve made a lot of progress in a short amount of time!
I’ve always wanted to use an old stump as a planter; yours looks so nice.
Charlotte recently posted…Spring Joy for a Farm WifeMy Profile

Archiethewonderdog April 22, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I can’t believe how quickly the quilting on POTC is going!!
Archiethewonderdog recently posted…March already…how did that happen?!My Profile

Sandra V April 22, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Your quilt is lovely.

Kathi April 22, 2014 at 7:39 pm

You are moving so quickly that it is easy to now get excited and just finish it even quicker! lol I love quilts that quilt that way! Great progress.. love your tree stump as a planter experiment… keep us posted! Kathi
Kathi recently posted…Showing off MY space … and some DEALS!My Profile

Jan April 22, 2014 at 10:49 pm

EEEEk! the end is in sight! I cannot wait to see it!
xo jan
Jan recently posted…Lucy Boston Patchwork of The Crosses and the Easter Bunny!My Profile

Cathi April 23, 2014 at 12:13 am

Wow! You’re going to have this finished and be putting the binding on in no time.
Cathi recently posted…Kaleidoscope Drunkard’s PathMy Profile

Vivian April 23, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Your yard is looking so pretty. And so are your quilts. I just love the weather we are having. So happy for warm weather.
Vivian recently posted…Good Bye, MomMy Profile

Glenda Australia April 27, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Morning Karen, your quilt looks lovely laying there on the frame seems like yesterday it was just a fews squares??? Great idea turning a great old downed tree back in to a thing of beauty. Hugs Glenda
Glenda Australia recently posted…WOW with Esther 16th April 2014 http://www.estheraliu.blogspot.com/My Profile