Insanity Revisited

by Karen on July 19, 2014

in Dear Jane - "Insanity Revisited"

I was gone just about all day yesterday visiting my mom – it takes round trip close to 5 hours of my day driving and 4 hours of a visit.  But with planning an upcoming trip I had to plan a run up to mom’s as well.  I also got in a visit with one sister and her two girls – I picked up mom and then we all met to eat and do some retail therapy.  My sister’s oldest daughter after a two year stint in a remote Alaskan village teaching is home for the summer and leaving in a couple weeks for a year of teaching English in Mexico.  That girl does love to travel.  But what was appropriate clothing teaching in the wilds of Alaska (believe it or not jeans and sweats were acceptable) is not the right clothes for teaching at a private city school in Mexico.  The girl needs a new wardrobe.

Insanity Revisited from Thursday night’s quilting:

**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links

Save up to 50% at Craftsy’s Creative Escape Flash Sale

this might be the time to look and see what classes are new and what is on sale.

Saturday, 7/19 thru Sunday 7/20 at 11:59PM MT

Mary Ann July 19, 2014 at 7:23 am

I really enjoy seeing your Dear Jane and your Diamonds Are Forever is beautiful, as well as your Patchwork of the Crosses, and down the list! I saw a large spool of thread setting with your take along piecing boxes in yesterday’s posting. I assume it’s for hand piecing. What thread do you use for your hand piecing?

Karen July 19, 2014 at 7:39 am

Mary Ann I use YLI Hand quilting thread for hand piecing – I order from Red Rock Threads if I can’t find it in quilt shops when we travel – few places seem to have it – it is strong and glazed you do not get the tangles in it.

Archiethewonderdog July 19, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Your hand quilting is gorgeous!
Archiethewonderdog recently posted…My third quarter proposalMy Profile

Nora Brofford July 19, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Your red blocks are beautiful. So glad to see that you are handquilting.

barbara woods July 19, 2014 at 5:12 pm

your hand quilting is beautiful

Kathy ... aka Nana July 19, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I’m using YLI hand quilting thread for the first time on my chevron quilt, and I love it! I see why you’re hooked! ;-)
Kathy … aka Nana recently posted…Retreat Wrap-up and a Little MoreMy Profile

Nora Brofford July 19, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I have hand quilted a wall hanging and some table runners but not a large quilt by myself.I have helped on a queen sizes that my quilt group made for our raffles.

Nita July 19, 2014 at 11:37 pm

I really love the cream and red batiks you’ve used. :)