Granny’s Got Style in all her glory – pieced last year in January by machine. Hand quilting started on March 3rd for a couple weeks then a 2 week break and back to work on it almost every evening finishing it up on June 30 – 160 hours of quilting on this one. It took about 3 1/2 months to quilt it. And even though this is a scrap quilt – believe me it didn’t make a dent in the scrap bins!
After washing it I felt I had to be careful with machine drying as I didn’t want it to shrink a whole lot but I did want some shrinkage as I like the crinkly antique look – I put it in on low for 30 minutes and it was quite damp still and didn’t look like it had shrunk a lot so I put back in the dryer for 30 more minutes on medium. Laid it out on the floor still a little damp and measured it – 98 x 100” that was enough shrinkage for me – fits the bed great. So last night it was laying over the dining room table and chairs to make sure all the dampness is out of it and will go on the bed today. EDITED: the reason for the caution on drying is the batting is Tuscany 80/20 cotton/wool I have always used cotton before but never wool and didn’t know how much it would shrink as the package suggested air dry.