I think some of my newer readers have not known what quilt my applique borders were going on from some comments I have gotten now and then so I thought it was time to drag the big thing out of the box – move the coffee table to give me plenty of floor space and lay it out. Here is the Postage Stamp quilt that I worked on last year. Over 2,000 tiny squares in this quilt – they are finished size of one inch. I have made the borders wider than they needed to be so that I had plenty of room for the applique and I can see that I will be cutting about 3 inches off of the width – those three inches will most likely go on the top and bottom to square it all up a bit. This quilt will be close to a 100 inch square when I am done with it. The applique sides will be hanging down on the sides of the bed. Right now I am thinking of how I will quilt it and I have not decided!
The last cluster of flowers that I had been working on since last week are finished – two more clusters and a couple more birds and maybe toss in some bees still and the first side will be done.
A little more on Wagon’s West done on Tuesday night.
The stitching on the rounds.
Six pints of diced tomatoes done – I did have to run down to the store to buy two roma’s to fill up the last jar but that was a pretty close count for how many I bought at the farmer’s market to go with what had ripen on the window ledge.
Last night when Mike got home I noticed how pretty the Crinum Lilies where standing up so straight and full, had to get a photo even though it was night.
A close up of what they look like – these are an old southern favorite that a friend gave me many years ago and they have multiplied and been transplanted several times.
Our high heat continues and is in the 90’s every day and humid. I have been able to enjoy the mornings out on the porch though for a couple hours before it gets too hot. Today maybe back to the Butterfly Quilt and the Hexies – both have been neglected for a few days.