The machine is clean, needle changed and quilting commenced on Baby Hopscotch – and Hand quilting on The Final Frontier was continued as well – it is very nice to go back and forth with two methods for a change up in the day.
I will be linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching for the hand work as soon as I can this morning on the circles which I will continue today. This is the area being worked on – I might get in some hexie work as well. I really need to get a big section sewed to the body and then get more of the flower hexies started – I think I need close to 30 of them so it will soon be decision time for more colors. I’m also linking to Quilting in More Fun than Housework.
Just good old stitch along the seams kind of quilting here on Baby Hopscotch – on both sides of the seams 1/4 inch out. I will see what it looks like then and possible go up and down in the middle of the long rectangle units as well where the white blocks are to make it all secure.
The back – a bit more to do all of these seams need another line beside them – I think I got in about 40 minutes of quilting yesterday.
We worked outside again on the reconstruction area that we got started on at the beginning of the week taking apart the overgrown flower bed area by the driveway – all the rocks are now out of there and decorating the front of the work shop! Really we have them stacked – the workshop sits high off the ground on one side and we are building a wall in front of that area to close it off – photos tomorrow maybe – I forgot to get any yesterday before I sat down to do my post and it was getting dark. I have most of the black eyed susan’s moved too and replanted, those things will grow just about anywhere so I would be surprised if they don’t come back next spring. There are tons more bulbs to dig up – mostly day lilies, some daffodils and a little bit of iris’s – heaven knows where I will be planting all of these but I need to get them out of here – I might put the iris’s at the base of the bird feeder in the flower bed close to the house, they do not seem to spread as rapidly and will be easy to dig out and propagate when needed.