Well I didn’t get around to any sewing yesterday in the daytime – it was just too nice outside – I couldn’t pass up the chance to do some much needed digging in the yard. We only had a high temperature of 76 degrees and low humidity that just doesn’t happen in August very often. It sounds like at least part or all of today will be more of the same but a little warmer. Besides digging I had to move all the herb pots to another area as the porch is too much in shade now at this time of year – the deck end of the porch that is – and between too much rain and not enough sun they are doing poorly. I had one container tomato plant that is covered with blossoms and no tomato and it too needed to be moved to the sun I think so I transplanted it to an empty spot in the garden as most of it is bare now other than flowers and sweet potatoes.
I had been wanting to tackle some flower bulbs and move them but it involves so much digging. I have a whole flower bed if you can even call it that, it has overgrown so much in the years since it was put there that I want to dismantle before I get too old or too weak to do this kind of work!! Here is the only fairly recent photo I could find of these bulbs at the end of the driveway near the walking area to the door. They have to be cleared out but every time I think about it I wait too long in the year and it is winter. I have to get it done – this whole area I want dug out and planted elsewhere. These tall lilies washed in with just one seed I do believe and before you know it I have hundreds of them growing over the years – they will be transplanted far from the house where I don’t care if they become over grown. I’m sure I will be working on this area for the next two months! I know me I will not want to work on it every day.
The size of these bulbs – they break off so easy that it is easiest to find them with the tall stem still attached – makes it harder to dig but the ground is so wet from all the rain we have gotten this month – now if the rocks weren’t in this soil it would make it a lot easier to dig.
I want all of this area up and gravel laid down. There is a rock border that can’t even be seen anymore from lilies and ground cover taking over.
I decided that the blocks with the small circles off set that have a nice fern like design in them that I will quilt around the leaf design to add just a little more quilting to the block.
This area is where I started work last night.
A note on the quilt I showed yesterday – I did find a pattern in a few spots thanks for the help – no pdf files though for this pattern. I think before I order one though I might try to draw it out – with the help of a compass I might be able to draw a circle and divide it up — one would think LOL It really isn’t that complicated of a pattern after all.