The only quilt I worked on yesterday was Handful of Scraps. I got more neutral hexies basted and I got a row of the neutrals sewn around the burgundy flower. That flower is not attached to the main body – just pinned to the wall. The green flower and the chunk of neutrals to the left of it is not attached either – I think that will be what I will work on next – attaching these two areas to the big piece. I am linking to Sarah’s Confessions of a Fabric Addict today and Fort Worth Fabric Studio.
I won a give away from Teje at Nero’s Post III and my prize was a pattern of my choice from Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts she was sponsoring some of the prizes – I chose the Blackbird pattern. I’m not sure when I will get started on it but I have been wanting to get that pattern for awhile so I was glad I won.
Thanks for the name of the plant that I showed yesterday – it is very interesting the information I found out about it. You all said “Purslane’’ I looked it up and yes it is a match. It is edible! but not supposed to taste all that great – it can take over an area and there could be blossoms on it. Right now I am not sure what I will do with it other than move it out of the flower bed – I’m not sure though if I will keep it or toss it. If I keep it I would transplant far from the house – doubtful that I would eat it!!
Yes Carla I think the monkey grass is called “Lariope” that sounds very familiar but I was too lazy to look it up.
We worked more outside but it was so humid we did not get a lot done – little by little it will get done but I will stop reporting on this project for now and show photos as we get work done – hopefully as the weather gets more towards fall it will move along. Until then it will go slowly as plenty of breaks are taken.
I might get the baby hopscotch quilt basted today and work on machine quilting it and when that one is done move on to the larger quilt – we will see what the day brings.