I think Audrey from Quilty Folk is having her link up today for Quilty 365 and I have my quilt finished and ready to show! (I will link up as soon as I get up and as soon as Audrey has the link –I wrote last night and schedule my post for early AM) I started this quilt a year ago on November 18th 2015 – the circles are appliqued by hand and the entire quilt is hand quilted. I finished the final stitches of binding last week, just slightly over a year in the making. The Final Frontier — we were supposed to only make one circle a day and have the top finished after a years work – but very quickly I grew addicted to my circles and couldn’t do that and I was making anywhere from 10 to 20 a day it seemed. I believe I have 313 blocks – but I surpassed the 365 circles as I have double circles on a lot of the blocks, there might even be three circles on a couple of them I think I ended up with about 420 circles? something like that. Edited: Audrey is having the final link up today 5/1/2017 for the circles I finished mine sometime back – but here is my finish.
And another view!
A photo taken from the back so I could show all the crinkly goodness of this quilt – yes it shrunk – I like it to shrink – it did shrink a little more than I thought it would but I forgot I had used wool batting until it was half way through drying on high heat LOL – finished size is 95 x 97 – still plenty big enough for our bed.
Another of the top.
Thank you Audrey for the idea of a whole quilt of circles. I used 5 inch charms of Fossil Ferns fabric – I used 3 whole packs of 100 – 5 inch pieces. I sewed scrap pieces together for the stripe circles and the small circles are made from the cut out of the big circles from the back.
Williamsburg Beauty back up on the design wall while I play around with the final borders – the final two up there are not sewed in place – checking to see if I have enough fabric – yes to the brown – not so sure on the yellow print. As it is here it will be about 60 x 60 I believe – if I add that yellow print border of which I really do not know if I have enough to piece together.
I will need to check that after I get the brown sewn in place – the yellow doesn’t have to be on it though and I do not know if I will include it – the binding would cover up the outer row of the red stripe. I still intend to applique circles on to the edges of the diamonds